OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Purpleheart Maple Laminate DIY Glass/Aluminum

Started by beardhunter87, June 10, 2017, 03:36:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

beardhunter87

Sooo... Bought a Pot call from a guy that he had made Laminates of. Just needed sanded , some surfaces found, and a pedestal made for the sound board. Can't believe the sound believe it or not. Take a listen and tell me what ya think. Glass/Aluminum and had Brookside laser a turkey foot on it  :funnyturkey:
Listen to Custom Maple pheart Glass Aluminum by cwells87 #np on #SoundCloud
https://soundcloud.com/cwells87/custom-maple-pheart-glass

WV Ridge Reaper

Jbird22

beardhunter87

Thanks guys. He had plenty of Laminates so i had him cut some out with a hole saw and set the depth for  me I can get some surfaces and pedestals to make to glue one up for my brother who liked it alot. Surprised actually and cheap materials

SteelerFan

Wvgobbler

I think it sounds real good. I guarantee you could call in a gobbler with that call. Though sometimes it really don't take much to call in one either.

beardhunter87

True. When I think about the turkeys I killed when I was younger I had no rasp and high pitched calls I didn't kno anything about a 2 tone Yelp or rollover but still killed birds! The calls iv grown towards has glass or  Bronzed Glass over Aluminum.

Spring Creek Calls

2014  SE Call Makers Short Box 2nd Place
2017  Buckeye Challenge Long Box 5th Place
2018  Mountain State Short Box 2nd Place
2019  Mountain State Short Box 1st Place
2019  NWTF Great Lakes Scratch Box 4th Place
2020 NWTF GNCC Amateur 5th Place Box
2021 Mountain State 3rd Place Short Box
2021 SE Callmakers 1st & 2nd Short Box
E-mail: gobblez@aol.com

beardhunter87

Thanks Mike! I was very surprised at the sound to be honest. I know how hard it is to get a good rollover Yelp from a pot call. Well see how the next ones come out