turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

David halloran walnut wenge laminate

Started by Gobbleandgrunt, February 20, 2016, 04:41:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gobbleandgrunt

I just ordered one of these. I heard it on Facebook. Any of you guys own or run this one in Nashville?

Tennessee Lead

I ran one in Nashville. It was awesome. I didn't buy it like a big dummy because I already had his walnut slate. I couldn't take it anymore so I called him a few days back told him I was sick about leaving without it. I now have one one the way. Can't wait to get it.

Sent from the barrel of a model 70 at 3300 fps

spurz

Got one in Nashville with a persimmon striker. It rocks. You won't be disappointed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Roost 1

greentag

i got one and love it,new favorite slate for sure. i will have it til i die,i like it that much.

Gobbleandgrunt

Nice everyone. When I spoke to him, he said he was making them as quick as he can make them.

Spitten and drummen

Yeah. I ordered mine last wed. Just gotta be patient. He said they are flying off the shelf. I just hope that he takes his time and make sure each one sounds as good as his first batch. With the overflow of orders , he may get in a rush to push them out.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

outdoors

YA IM THINKING THE SAME THING ...........
QUALITY  OVER QUANTITY 
Sun Shine State { Osceola }
http://m.myfwc.com/media/4132227/turkeyhuntnoquota.jpg

noisy box call that seems to sound like a flock of juvenile hens pecking their way through a wheat field

Gobbleandgrunt

He said he thought there was some in stock, and if not next week a new batch would be ready. I ordered mine off his website.

WNY Bowhunter

"I'm not from New Yawk.  I'm a REDNECK from Western New York!!!"
"It's not a passion. It's an OBSESSION."

357MAGNOLE

I got mine today. Gonna have to play with it for a bit and figure out which strikers I prefer on it. Already notice the two piece that came with my crystal mistress makes the softest yelps I have ever heard and the Jatoba one piece from Del Crow sounds down right nasty on it. Probably going to try and only cary 2-3 strikers with my 2 pot calls but right now it seems I have two great sounding calls on opposite ends of the spectrum. I have 4 strikers to play with. The two already mentioned and a one piece Persimmon and One piece Purple Heart.
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."--Thomas Jefferson

rbreedi1

How does it compare to his other laminate slate?
Thunder Ridge Totes

357MAGNOLE

$65 and comes with a one piece striker instead of 2 piece. My initial impressions are the one piece sound better. Im not a fan of the heavier top side of the two pieces but I am still learning.
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."--Thomas Jefferson

Gobbleandgrunt

REBELYELL

Quote from: Gobbleandgrunt on February 25, 2016, 08:37:09 PM
What striker came with it 357magnole?

Most people have been getting a persimmon or bloodwood striker with it. Mine came with a bloodwood striker but sounds better to me with his PH striker.