OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Marlin 336 Base for FF2?

Started by JUGHEAD, May 15, 2011, 12:56:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JUGHEAD

Will it fit my already tapped Mossberg 935?  Or will additional drilling and tapping be required?  I saw one post that seemed to indicate that no modification would be required, but looking for confirmation in case I decide to go that route.

BowBendr

I can't give you total confirmation on the 935, but the base does fit the 1/2" center to center hole spacing on the 835 without any additional drilling or tapping. I assume they will be the same.

Just measure your hole spacing and if it's 1/2", you're good to go. Hope this helps.

But you will need 8-40 screws to fit the pre-drilled holes on a Mossy, the screws that came with mine were too small.

pullit

It will fit just fine not other drilling and tapping are needed.

BurrisOptics

Quote from: BowBendr on May 15, 2011, 03:12:41 PM

But you will need 8-40 screws to fit the pre-drilled holes on a Mossy, the screws that came with mine were too small.

Not anymore.  I had the 8-40 screw issue corrected.  They are now included in the package.

JUGHEAD

Quote from: BurrisOptics on May 16, 2011, 09:25:18 AM
Quote from: BowBendr on May 15, 2011, 03:12:41 PM

Not anymore.  I had the 8-40 screw issue corrected.  They are now included in the package.
Awesome and thanks for the information!

BowBendr

Quote from: BurrisOptics on May 16, 2011, 09:25:18 AM

That's awesome news. Another example of quality customer service from Burris.  :you_rock: :you_rock: :you_rock:

BurrisOptics

Just remember that there are still packages on the market that do not have the 8-40 screws included so you may still need to contact tech support for a free set of screws.  You can contact them at 888-228-7747 (you can hit 865 to skip the automated menu). 

gobbler74

Quote from: BurrisOptics on May 16, 2011, 12:17:11 PM
Just remember that there are still packages on the market that do not have the 8-40 screws included so you may still need to contact tech support for a free set of screws.  You can contact them at 888-228-7747 (you can hit 865 to skip the automated menu). 

Good deal.
"Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail"