turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Nitro hulls sticking in chamber

Started by MS, May 10, 2011, 10:32:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MS

After the shot, 3.5" Nitro Hevi-Shot hulls stick in the chamber of my 870 super magnum and in my Beretta Extrema.  I have to take the barrels off and pry the hull from the chamber.  The unfired rounds chamber fine.  It appears the brass expands during the shot and causes the sticking.  Anyone experience this and if so, do you have an explanation and/or a fix?  Thanks.

drenalinld

High pressure!! If that is happening, I think the loads are too hot in your chamber. I would contact them and ask for a refund and absolutely would not shoot any more from that batch. Many have thought the Nitro loads were above SAAMI specs on pressure. Here is a link to a thread where a member here tested on of Nitro's common loads and it was above SAAMI specs.

http://oldgobbler.com/Forum/index.php/topic,9189.0.html

sugarray

Also, move this to the guns section and you will get better replies.  You have it in the optics section

jperrotti

Yep had the exact same thing happen. Next year I'll use TSS. Mine were 2-1/4 oz that I bought last year.

I believe Nitro's are pushing the pressure envelope

Remington 870 SPS-T Super Mag .660 JH Nitro 2-1/4 oz. Straight 7's Burris FastFire II