turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Drilling/Tapping?

Started by mmusso, May 02, 2011, 02:35:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mmusso

Anyone know the avg going rate for getting a shotgun or two drilled and tapped? I've gotten a quote or two of $25 per hole w/ a 4 hole minimum. Is this about right?
Thanks!

redarrow

My Nova ran me $68.00 with the mount included.

Hognutz

$25 per hole sounds right, but I don't get the four hole minimum, though. What's up with that?. Why don't they just say $100 minimum. Which is out of the ball park as far as I'm concerned. Like Red said, you should be able to get it done for $75 or less. Mike
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
If attacked by a mob of clowns, go for the juggler.

mmusso

Thanks. I thought it was a bit high. I'll be shopping around a bit more I guess.

Snoody Bastid

I got the same quote from a few different smiths. I think it's kinda high also, but it is time consuming and they have to make their money.

fl panhandler

I paid 25.00 for 2 holes.  I think that's a little high.
Rick

gophert

Got a quote last week in the Nashville TN area and prices ranged from $25 to $60 for 2 holes.  The only problem is there is a 4 week wait. 

turkeybill34

Hognutz

A four week wait is not unusual. That's why it is so important to get your smithing done during the off season. Mike

gophert

Quote from: turkeybill34 on May 03, 2011, 08:24:48 AM
4 week wait :o

That's what I thought!  It's not my main gun so there's not a huge rush, but I'm like a kid with a new toy without batteries.  I really want to play with my new gun!

TauntoHawk

I went to 3 gun shops in my area.. quotes were 55, 75, and 40. all with rails included

got it done for 40 in about 3 weeks, great job and fast fire has already
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Hognutz

Now that's what I'm talkin' about..Mike  :you_rock:

Old Gobbler

I paid $8 for a tap bit at Lowe's hardware and did it myself -  easy to do with a soft alloy receiver ,I did with a small drill press  - not recommenced for novices, and easy to screw up - wait time 10 minutes , and you get to keep the tap bit

I should do a tutorial and show the members how its done - 
:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

pitjeep

i have done several of mine. gets better everytime i do it.find a old reciver someone dosent want & practice.drill bit & tap less than 10.00.

SumToy

Get you a drill and a tap.  Lay it out and center punch the holes.  Check and check one more time.  Drill hole then tap it.  Keep oil on tap and DO NOT force it.  If it not go back it up and go once more. 
Tell us just how dead do you want them to be and we will see if we can get that for you.
Building American made products with American made CNC's and Steel.  Keep all the service Men and Women that gave a LIFE for our FREEDOM a live when you buy American.  God Bless the USA