OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Bushnell multi vs fixed optic?

Started by Luke95, April 29, 2011, 07:43:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Luke95

I am looking at 2 red dots ad am wondering if there is a difference between the reliability of the scope if it has the ability to change reticles?
Sumtoy Get Choked

Odessa

Luke, I can't answer you specific question, but the Bushnell Trophy with the single red dot works fine once you get it zeroed.  The adjustments are .20" per click at 40 yards - but the precision of the adjustment is on and off - not consistent - it has held the zero fine once set.  I went with the single red dot because I caught them on sale at the local Gander Mountain a few months ago for $39.95 and it was so much cheaper than the multi-reticle that I figured it was a no-brainer.  I have been well served with the single red-dot.  I did just buy a pair of 30mm Simmons Weaver type rings that are low mount in order to drop the scope down on my receiver - the rings that come with the Bushnell are fairly high and I had to add height to the comb of my shotgun in order to get my eye aligned with the center of the scope.  The new rings will drop the scope about 3/16" - combined with my homemade comb raising kit I should be right on.

I used an Allen neoprene butt stock cover to raise the comb of my BPS (have two layers of neoprene on top of the comb under the cover.

The Bushnell rings are too high, my replacement rings will lower the scope by half the height you see here.
"I admire a good turkey hunter chiefly because such a man displays qualities that we usually associate with pioneer America-patience, enthusiasm, woodcraft, game sense, and a quiet hardihood undaunted by rain, by cold, by long tough miles, by disappointment."
Archibald Rutledge

Luke95

thank you I am also looking at the burris and redfield red dots any one have any experience with either of these?
Sumtoy Get Choked