turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

TruGlo Tru-Brite Open Red Dot Series Sight

Started by ILIKEHEVI-13, April 22, 2011, 05:28:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ILIKEHEVI-13

Well the Fed Ex woman pulled up just awhile ago and delivered this TruGlo sight that I ordered from Native Outdoors.  Best price I have seen on the net by the way.  And I looked long and hard like I always do before I buy.  Anyway I think this sight is going to work great.  It looks great and has all the features I like.  I like the fact that you can also change the battery on this baby without having to take the sight off the mount.  The battery is inside the big dial knob on the side where you can change your brightness settings from 1 to 5 for red or green.  All you do is unscrew the outer cap to change the battery.  It looks like it will hold up well and is built very well.  Anyway I guess time will tell how it will hold up to the big 3.5" turkey loads.  But it does have a lifetime warranty.  I like that as well.  

TauntoHawk

they've certainly peaked my interest.. I got a fast fire but it might be a cheaper option for my dad who wont wanna shell out as much for a turkey sight
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

ILIKEHEVI-13

I had a guy ask me how much they weigh and the question also came up in the other thread about this site how it would hold up to the 3.5" turkey loads.  Here's info I obtained.

It weighs 5.3oz and should hold up fine to the 3.5" shells.

mmusso

I'm looking forward to this review. After a couple of misses this year, I'm really considering replacing my iron sights with a red dot of some sort. This one has me very interested...

ILIKEHEVI-13

Matt, this dot sight is the bomb.   :z-guntootsmiley:

I love it.  It's simply in a word awesome! 

And you got to love that lifetime warranty. 

Sherrell

Forty years of aggravating turkeys and have never tried a scope or a red dot.
Exactly how does it work as far turning the red dot on and off?
There are times when the birds are not gobbling and if I know I'm in a good spot...I may spend the majority of my day there.just wondering how easy it is to energize. if caught by surprise.

Seems it would be the ticket for my 1187 shooting right with the Hevi 13 21/4 oz. loads

ILIKEHEVI-13

Quote from: Sherrell on May 23, 2011, 03:38:19 PM
Forty years of aggravating turkeys and have never tried a scope or a red dot.
Exactly how does it work as far turning the red dot on and off?
There are times when the birds are not gobbling and if I know I'm in a good spot...I may spend the majority of my day there.just wondering how easy it is to energize. if caught by surprise.

Seems it would be the ticket for my 1187 shooting right with the Hevi 13 21/4 oz. loads

All you do is turn the knob on the right to activate and light the reticle.  There is a choice of 5 brightness settings on both red and green.  When your on the red settings, you are on the red reticle and vice versa on the green.  The lever at the bottom in the last picture lets you choose from the 4 reticle choices.  

Sherrell

Thank you Sir....my 1187 super magnum has the fiber optic sights,but it looks like the truglo on the Weaver mount would raise it above the fixed sights.
I wish we knew what the battery life was.

savduck

I like the looks of it. I have the gobble stopper scope with green and red reticles. Ive had it four years now and its held zero and done very well for me. Probably shot 200 rounds at targets and turkeys in those years.

Ive also been looking at that sight though. been wanting to go a little more stream lined than the scope. I really prefer the green to the red anyway....not many with the green reticles.
Georgia Boy

ILIKEHEVI-13

Quote from: Sherrell on May 23, 2011, 05:35:17 PM
Thank you Sir....my 1187 super magnum has the fiber optic sights,but it looks like the truglo on the Weaver mount would raise it above the fixed sights.
I wish we knew what the battery life was.

I was told by one of the TruGlo reps that with a good quality fresh battery around 200hrs.

Longshanks

TauntoHawk

battery life will probably make it through a whole turkey season, not as good as the several years of life that FF gives but an extra $100 can buy a lot of batteries

can you change the battery without removing it? I think this is what im going to put on a gun im setting up for people and juniors I take out, i just dont trust them to bring their own if i havent seen the patterns or poi with turkey loads
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

ILIKEHEVI-13

Quote from: TauntoHawk on June 08, 2011, 09:54:40 AM
battery life will probably make it through a whole turkey season, not as good as the several years of life that FF gives but an extra $100 can buy a lot of batteries

can you change the battery without removing it? I think this is what im going to put on a gun im setting up for people and juniors I take out, i just dont trust them to bring their own if i havent seen the patterns or poi with turkey loads

Yes.  The battery is inside the big dial knob on the side where you can change your brightness settings from 1 to 5 for red or green.  All you do is unscrew the outer cap to change the battery.