turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

scopes with long eye relief

Started by doepee, April 18, 2011, 10:17:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

doepee

What scopes up to 200.00 have the longest eye relief for turkey hunting only? Prefer circle x or diamond ect..

redarrow

Most shotgun specific scopes have longer eye relief than scopes made for rifles.

doepee

Quote from: redarrow on April 18, 2011, 11:12:42 PM
Most shotgun specific scopes have longer eye relief than scopes made for rifles.
I do know that, I was just wanting some sugguestions... them turkey loads kick hard... ;D

redarrow

I have a straight 4x Nikon Buckmaster on mine.I think it is 4 in. I hate scope eye too,but for some reson I always managed to pop my self square in the nose. OUCH>

BurrisOptics

My son shot 2 birds last weekend using the FullField TAC30 1x-4x and he said he loves it.  He gave up his FastFire II so that he could keep the scope on his 835.  3 people put 15 shots through that gun over the last week using 3 1/2" loads and not a single scope eye.  I wouldn't let my boy use it if I thought there was any chance it would hurt him.  It retails for $299.  Just one more option for you.  

timbrhuntr

I have a 4 x 32 Simmons prodiamond on my Mossberg 835 and shoot 3.5 " 2.25 heavy shot out of it. It has killed alot of turkeys just put the diamond on the head and 10-40 yds dead bird also no scope eye so far. It has been on my gun for over 5 years or so and still no problem plus you can't beat the price. I would love to get another one but now for some stupid reason they won't ship them to Canada. On a side note there was a guy hunting on the same WMA as me in Florida. He missed a tom but bit himself real good on the head above his eye. When I saw him at the check station he was still bleeding. I didn't get to see what scope he had on his gun. Poor guy he had his kid with him too!   

deerslayer357

I got the Nikon Turkey Pro BTR last summer, and I have shot about 20 rounds through it without any scope eye.  I let one of my friends shoot my gun on a hunt we went on and he didn't have any problems either.  So far I love mine. 

The only problem that I have had was that the base mount kept wiggling loose, so I put some Loc-tite on it and that solved that.  Even that was no fault of the scope though.

Overall my only regret is that they didn't have the $80 mail in rebate when I bought mine!

WyoHunter

I've got two Bushnell Trophy Turkey scopes 1 3/4x -4x with Circle-X reticle. I've had the one for 9 years and the other two years. Great scopes IMO and you can pick them up for less than $100.00 if you look around on the web.
If I had a dollar for every gobbler I thought I fooled I'd be well off!

Reloader

I've tried the Bushnell with circle X, but it didn't hold zero.  I then tried the Nikon Prostaff 2-7x32, but didn't care for the regular duplex.  I moved to the Nikon Monarch 1.5-4.5x20 with Turkey Pro reticle and love it.  You can still find them on the net for around 160-200.  It weighs alittle less than many of the other turkey specific scopes as well. Good reticle, glass, and FOV as well.

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-NIKON-MONARCH-1-5-4-5x20-TURKEY-PRO-CAMO-SCOPE-6592-/280661224891?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4158b66dbb

I run one on a 870SM with Nitro like loads and it's never bumped my brow.