OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

bead?

Started by YoungJake, April 09, 2011, 09:10:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

YoungJake

can I get by with just a regular bead on my gun for sights?

Snoody Bastid

Men have been killing turkeys with "just a bead" since the inception of the shotgun. Just find a choke/load combo that will throw decent patterns into your POA/POI area. I just picked up an 11-87 SPS-T with a white bead and will be patterning it next week.

cannonball

Quote from: Snoody Bastid on April 09, 2011, 09:24:32 PM
Men have been killing turkeys with "just a bead" since the inception of the shotgun. Just find a choke/load combo that will throw decent patterns into your POA/POI area. I just picked up an 11-87 SPS-T with a white bead and will be patterning it next week.

:agreed:

jakesdad

I use just a bead on my 12 and 20 as POA and POI is real close with lead loads.Like to keep it simple as i can.HTL outta the 20 and I'll use the williams sights.

"There are turkey hunters and people who hunt turkeys.I hope I am remembered as a turkey hunter"

YoungJake

ok, i guess i'll just keep the front bead on my ol' 870

TauntoHawk

My 870 had a nice double bead with white front bead worked awesome for years. Went the fast fire just for something
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

WyoHunter

It will work but I'd have a second smaller bead installed midway down the barrel. If you stack the large bead on top of the small bead it makes for more accurate placement of your face on the stock. This in turn gives you a consistent stock weld and more accurate shot placement. I shot this style for a while then went to Wiiliams iron sights and then to a scope.
If I had a dollar for every gobbler I thought I fooled I'd be well off!

Reloader

Quote from: WyoHunter on April 19, 2011, 07:47:56 PM
It will work but I'd have a second smaller bead installed midway down the barrel. If you stack the large bead on top of the small bead it makes for more accurate placement of your face on the stock. This in turn gives you a consistent stock weld and more accurate shot placement. I shot this style for a while then went to Wiiliams iron sights and then to a scope.

That is a good idea.  Single bead on the end of the bbl will cause you to miss high at times from not getting down on the rib in an intense situation. 

I like optics since it's so much easier under pressure. IE put dot on head and pull trigger :D