OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Red dot vs. Scope

Started by Luke95, April 06, 2011, 03:39:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Luke95

Sumtoy Get Choked

Reloader

I much prefer a scope, but usually go reflex due to the weight of a scope.  I have a Nikon 1.5-4.5x20 w/ Turkey Pro reticle that I love, but between mount, rings, and the scope itself it is a much heavier option.

Odessa

The Bushnell Trophy on my tang safety Browning BPS affords 9" of eye relief and doesn't interfere with the tang safety.  Good combo for me so far (Red dot is newly added last month).

"I admire a good turkey hunter chiefly because such a man displays qualities that we usually associate with pioneer America-patience, enthusiasm, woodcraft, game sense, and a quiet hardihood undaunted by rain, by cold, by long tough miles, by disappointment."
Archibald Rutledge

Luke95

nice gun and how is the scope with changing recticles. :you_rock:
Sumtoy Get Choked

Smart longbeard

Quote from: goblr77 on April 07, 2011, 11:30:51 AM
Quote from: Luke95 on April 06, 2011, 09:57:27 PM
:TrainWreck1: how bad is it to operate the saftey buttom on a mossberg? the reason I ask is because it is my only gun capable of taking a scope my A5 would have the scope sitting way to high for me to shoot :(

Not bad.

Very nice!! congrats!!

Odessa

Quote from: Luke95 on April 11, 2011, 09:00:14 PM
nice gun and how is the scope with changing recticles. :you_rock:

Luke, I bought the Trophy version with the red-dot only, not the version with the four recticles/two colors.
"I admire a good turkey hunter chiefly because such a man displays qualities that we usually associate with pioneer America-patience, enthusiasm, woodcraft, game sense, and a quiet hardihood undaunted by rain, by cold, by long tough miles, by disappointment."
Archibald Rutledge

Scout24

Had both and for pure turkey gun I prefer a 5moa red dot, hands down. If I was using it as a deer slug gun as well, give me the scope.

chatterbox

Quote from: Scout24 on April 17, 2011, 11:41:08 AM
Had both and for pure turkey gun I prefer a 5moa red dot, hands down. If I was using it as a deer slug gun as well, give me the scope.
I agree with this statement. The only difference is I prefer a 3 MOA dot.

WyoHunter

I've got two Bushnell Turkey scopes in 1 3/4x - 4x. One's a Bushnell Trophy and the other is a Bushnell Trophy XLT both with the Circle-X reticle. They have worked well for me and you can pick them up for less than $100.00 each.
If I had a dollar for every gobbler I thought I fooled I'd be well off!

Luke95

buying a nikon turkey pro
Sumtoy Get Choked