OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Burris FF2 question

Started by harrydog, April 01, 2011, 09:05:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

harrydog

This may be a dumb question but does the FF2 need to be zeroed in after you change the battery? I've never put any kind of optics on my shotguns but the FF2 (and SpeedBead) has really got me interested.

sugarray

I would shoot it at least once to check.  You have to take the site off to change the battery, so there is great risk that you won't get it back on exactly right.

harrydog

Thanks, that's kinda what I thought. But the good thing is, the battery lasts a long time, right? Like a couple of seasons?

sugarray

Yeah, they estimate 5 yrs.  If your worried I'd change it each year then shoot a couple to make sure it is lined in.

whiskey

I would shoot mine, but if I had to do it in the field then I would go ahead and hunt. There are alignment pins along with the screws to should help keep you close.

I will test mine.... AFTER SEASON!!! :)

mudhen

I use a laser bore sight to make charts for scopes & dots.

Might not be 100% perfect, but it will get me back on paper quicker than not using anything!

mudhen
"Lighten' up Francis"  Sgt Hulka

BurrisOptics

Quote from: harrydog on April 01, 2011, 09:05:30 PM
This may be a dumb question but does the FF2 need to be zeroed in after you change the battery?

No you don't need to but I would suggest you do it anyway. 

Reloader

I'm going on 3 season with one and two with another.  I swapped the panasonic with Energizer when they were new.  Don't intend to change the Batts until I have about 4 seasons on them.  I don't just leave mine on, so they consume very little juice.