OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Truglo Tru-brite open red dot

Started by TNhunterKMC, March 11, 2011, 11:12:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TNhunterKMC

Anyone tried one of these out?  Looks interesting:

Skeeterbait

Have not but have been looking at it with interest.  I did contact Tru-Glo to ask if they plan to sell a camo version and was told that they do not.  I use their other open red dot sights and to me this addresses the two issues I have with it.  By moving the battery compartment outside of the sight frame it should be less cumbersome to replace batteries.  And the hood over the lens should reduce or eleminate the occasional reflections you get on the lens under bright conditions.

allchokedup

I'm interested in this also. Saw it today at a local Sporting goods store. The price was $99.00 with the mount and has a low profile which a like a lot. I would like to know more about it before buying one. The Burris, I'm sure, is a lot better quality and I'm leaning that way, but this Tru- Brite has me wondering. Has anybody heard anything about this optic.

TNhunterKMC

Were you able to handle it?  If so - how did the various reticles look?  What about the class on it - was it pretty clear?  Also - is it made out of metal or some type of plastic material?

allchokedup

Quote from: TNhunterKMC on March 15, 2011, 08:50:47 PM
Were you able to handle it?  If so - how did the various reticles look?  What about the class on it - was it pretty clear?  Also - is it made out of metal or some type of plastic material?

It was in the package and wasn't able to get a real close look at everything. I appears to be all metal. I have been searching the web for reviews but nothing yet. Cheapest I found was around $89.00.

Skeeterbait

This came off a Japanese website of all things.  No guarantee I guess that these are the reticals it will be sold with in the US, but it may be.

allchokedup

Quote from: Skeeterbait on March 15, 2011, 09:41:58 PM
This came off a Japanese website of all things.  No guarantee I guess that these are the reticals it will be sold with in the US, but it may be.

Yep, that is the same diagram on the package.

hookedspur

wheres the best place to get one ?
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

allchokedup

Quote from: hookedspur on March 16, 2011, 09:55:11 AM

Can't remember, I googled it and found one for $89.00. I was looking at a lot of different ones that day :begging:

allchokedup

Quote from: allchokedup on March 16, 2011, 06:24:15 PM
Quote from: hookedspur on March 16, 2011, 09:55:11 AM

Can't remember, I googled it and found one for $89.00. I was looking at a lot of different ones that day :begging:

here you go:http://www.midwesthuntersoutlet.com $89.99 Cheaper Than Dirt, has it for around $80.00

TNhunterKMC

I just ordered one from swfa.com so I can give a report on it when it arrives.  They price matched 110% on the best price I had found which was $75.00.  The main thing I like about this design is the hood.  I hate the reflex type sites with nothing to keep the glare off the lens.

TauntoHawk

it looks very intreging kinda like the mueller, a cheaper version of the burris but clearly not in its class.

does anyone know if it is Waterproof and fogproof... or resistent.. or nothing at all

also do they have any info on how long the battery should last, thats one of the major reasons for liking the burris is know that that battery is gonna last a long time.. all those extra redicals and colors prolly drain more juice

IF i had money and mutiple rigs i get one and the burris i plan on gettting and compare and review but i can barely afford the burris
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

TNhunterKMC

From the Truglo website here are the "specs":

(I like the fact that it has a lifetime warranty, however the water resistant and shock resistant feature is concerning).  When I get it I will probably do a battery test to see what the lifespan of a battery is with it on its lowest brightness.

NEW! TRU•BRITE™ OPEN RED•DOT SIGHT

2 choices of reticle color for contrast against any target / background.

4-reticle choices for accurate targeting in any shooting condition.

Adjustable rheostat for brightness control.

Lightweight / compact design.

Unlimited eye relief.

Water and shock resistant.

Click windage and elevation adjustment.

Wide field of view.

24x34mm window for ultra-fast target acquisition.

Anti-reflection coating on target side.

Parallax free from 30 yards.

Integrated Weaver-style mounting system.

Battery included (3V-CR2032).

Lifetime Limited Warranty.

TauntoHawk

Resistant is concerning... Proof I like proof

like the design, could be a good value... Or a bust
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

TNhunterKMC

It will be here tomorrow and I'll be shooting with it on Sunday.  Will report after the shooting session.