OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Bushnell red dot

Started by fl panhandler, June 09, 2011, 08:16:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fl panhandler

I had a Bushnell holosight die on one of my turkey guns.  It was out of warranty and a discontinued model so they offered me an opportunity to purchase this scope for pretty cheap.  I am not familiar with it.  Does anyone know anything about it?  There is not that many reviews out there from what I've been able to find.
http://www.bushnell.com/products/scopes/riflescopes/reddot/730001/
Rick

beagler

Just my .02 but take a look at the Aimpoint 9000sc red dot scopes. I have two, indestructible and 50,000hrs battery life. You get what you pay for.
Never Misses

tarantino

Also see the aimpoint 9000L rds for heavy recoil on big game hunts.

sugarray

I don't know what your price range is, but your FOV is limited with type of site.  I had a Bushnell red/green dot and loved the reticle, but the FOV is limited.  I changed to a Mueller Quick Shot for this reason.  The holographic type sites have a great FOV and stand up to the recoil well.

fl panhandler

Thanks for the  suggestions.  I already have 2 fastfire 2 sights, and an EO Tech style Holosight.  I really like the reflex type of sight also.  When one of my Holosights died they offered me this particular sight for a VERY reduced price.  I just didn't know anything about it.
Rick

chatterbox

I think it looks pretty cool. Only way to know is to give it a try I guess.

sugarray

Quote from: chatterbox on July 08, 2011, 05:25:00 AM
I think it looks pretty cool. Only way to know is to give it a try I guess.

I would agree.  If you think you or someone else might like it, it is always worth trying a new bargain.