turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Rings and Base for Browning BPS.

Started by rtsj, June 02, 2011, 09:02:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rtsj

Have a BPS in mossy oak breakup and going to put on a Nikon turkey pro Btr in matching camo. What rings and bases do you recommend? Do you think quick detach rings will hold up to the 3.5 shell recoil? Would be nice to be able to take the scope off on rainy days. Thanks for the help.

hunter22

I have a BPS 10 gauge and I had my gun drilled and tapped and mounted a Browning base and used Talley Quick Detachable rings for my Leupod 1X4 NWTF scope. The gun has fiber optic sights I can use if I ever need to take the scope off plus with the Talley rings you will not have to re-zero your gun when you put the scope back on.

rtsj

Hunter22:  Are the talley rings one piece? have you ever had a problem with the rings not standing up to the recoil? Where did you get the browning base and talley rings? Thanks

hunter22

I looked again and I forgot I went with two piece Leupold QRW Low Rings. The base was made for Browning shotguns and is a one piece Weaver style base. I have not had any problems with the rings standing up to the recoil but I have not shot the gun a lot. This is my backup turkey gun as my primary one is a Benelli SBE.