turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Base for a Mueller Quick Shot

Started by FullChoke, June 02, 2011, 11:12:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FullChoke

Where can I find a Weaver-style scope base for a Mueller Quick Shot that will fit on a Remington 870 in 20 gauge?

Are the bases made to fit the specific radius of the receiver?

Thanks.

FullChoke

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.

FullChoke

I saw that base on the Brownell site, but something doesn't sound right. It does not specify what gauge it will fit, then again, it may not need to.

The receiver of the Remington 870 has a radiussed top surface that the mounting base is intended to be attached to. I am trying to determine if that top radius is the same on a 20 gauge as it is on the 12 gauge. I don't have 870 shotguns in both gauges to check.

The base should fit both gauges if Remington has designed in this same radius.

Thanks.

FullChoke

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.

FullChoke

I sent an email to Weaver about mounting bases for the Mueller Quick Shot Red Dot sight. They replied that I should use their multi-slot base #48345 rail. I asked them to verify that this base would fit the radius on a 20 gauge 870 receiver and said that it would.

http://www.weaveroptics.com/rings_bases/bases/multi-slot_base/

So, there it is. Cheers  ;D

FullChoke

FullChoke

As a final follow-up on this issue, I sent Remington an email asking if the radius on the top of the receiver was the same on a 20 gauge as it is on a 12 gauge.  They responded that this radius was the same, but that the 20 gauge frame was smaller.

This means that a sight or scope mounting base that is designed for an 870 shotgun, unless it clearly states otherwise, will fit both 20 and 12 gauges.

FullChoke

mossy835