turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Leupold 1x14

Started by NorthGaHunter, May 24, 2011, 04:52:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NorthGaHunter

Anyone use the Leupold tactical prismatic 1x14?  If so, what is your opinion? 

tarantino

In daylight I favor a non-illuminated reticle. The Leupold Tactical Prismatic's dot-circle reticle is a lot like the Russian-made PK-AS. I once had the PK-AS on my AK and I really enjoyed the reticle. Unlike Aimpoint, the reticle is sharp, precise and clear, making "accuracy shots" much easier than the ill-defined "dot" of an Aimpoint cranked up bright enough to be visible in full daylight conditions. The PK-AS dot can be illuminated with a turn of a dial, which works perfect under lower light conditions. Since I shoot mostly during the day, I rarely used the reticle illumination anyway.

The Leupold appears to be all of this plus the incredible quality it's optics are famous for. The adjustable diopter eyepiece comes in handy for those of us with less-than-optimal eye sight and the package also includes a sturdy mounting system that's adjustable for height.

When I first saw the Leupold tactical, I thought it looked like it may combine the best points of the Aimpoint, EoTech, and Tripower  :z-guntootsmiley:

I remember when after they announced it, they made some changes in the design and thank God, really. I think it's an outstanding piece of equipment.

Devastator

i might have one of these on 1 of my guns by next spring unless i can find a deal on an aimpoint 9000sc.

kdog

I looked at this leupold at the NRA show in pittsburgh this spring at the Leupold booth and i was really impressed by it.Was far and away my favorite red dot /reflex type site,,just oozes with leupold quality.Definately on my short list of things i want.

Kdog