OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

First Poults of the Year

Started by NCL, June 15, 2020, 10:07:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NCL

Came home yesterday afternoon and there was a hen in my front yard with four poults which were about the size of a bantam chicken. When I got out of my truck there was a second hen with four more about the same size also in the yard. They hung around for a while in the empty lot next door. Sure is nice to see young ones.

bossgobbler

Always great to hear about seeing poults. Might as well build from this post. Any others seeing poults? I haven't seen any yet in Ohio. I'm hoping to see some really soon. Thanks for sharing with us NCL!

Mossberg90MN

That's awesome, still waiting to see some poults myself. Of course I know they have hatched but I just haven't seen any as of now. It does always excite me to see mama hen with her poults. I always try to find the jakes in the group.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tom007

"Solo hunter"

ChesterCopperpot

Rough, rough spring for ground nesters here in the mountains of North Carolina. Between the really warm late Feb. / early March and then the really late cold snaps in April and the weeks on weeks on weeks of rain measuring in feet at this point, I've seen one poult with one of the more dominant hens. Otherwise I'm seeing hens already grouping back together.

catman529

I saw two hens with probably a dozen poults last weekend in middle TN

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

sixbird

Saw three hens with nine poults here in N.J. The other day. First I've seen...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk