only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

moss 500 20 gauge 22" barrel = choke?

Started by econo, March 13, 2011, 05:29:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

econo

What choke would yo all get?  Primos tight wad, ic, pg
to shoot hevi shot
do you think the tight wad would give me a 40 yard gun?
May God bless you all

dawei

Quote from: econo on March 13, 2011, 05:29:15 PM
What choke would yo all get?  Primos tight wad, ic, pg
to shoot hevi shot
do you think the tight wad would give me a 40 yard gun?
I have the same gun albeit with a 26" barrel. A real sleeper in the many chokes available is the Undertaker™ series from Hunter Specialties®. They offer both ported and non-ported chokes, for lead and for HTL Loads. Chokes for lead are .572", HTL chokes are .582" These chokes are very inexpensive @ $19.99; take a look HERE.

David

Only two defining forces ever died for you.
1. Jesus Christ.
2. The American Soldier, Sailor, Airman, and Marine.
One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

1Cross+3Nails=4Given

Hardtime_NC

Shot that exact gun just this morning.  Its my friends wifes and we zeroed her red dot in.  It was getting 165-175 Hevi 7's in a 10" circle at 40 yds. with and IC .555.
Theres no dollar sign on a piece of mind!

wmahunter

My mossy super bantam gets 170 with an IC .555 and Federal HW 7's

That same choke does 300+ every time with TSS 9's but if I drop down to a Trulock 575 it gets 210 with the TSS which may be better for hunting....still trying to decide.

goblr77

Quote from: Hardtime_NC on March 13, 2011, 06:19:18 PM
Shot that exact gun just this morning.  Its my friends wifes and we zeroed her red dot in.  It was getting 165-175 Hevi 7's in a 10" circle at 40 yds. with and IC .555.

That shorter barrel must like the IC. I have a 500 with a polished 26" barrel and it hates the .555 IC. Mid 120's @ 40.

econo

May God bless you all

kyhareraiser

i'm shooting #6 hevi-shot using the primos choke .570  and covering the turkey heads up in the paper targets@40 yards  ..bought a box of5 of the hevi-shot 5,6,7 mix 3" shells too. figure acording to the terrain i'm in ,i'll choose the posion for ole' tom once i see where he'll be..also bought some #5 shot for when it greens out pretty heavy so i can blow the leaves out of the way and the rest of the shot wil take ole' tom