North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Check in

Started by FullChoke, March 07, 2024, 03:01:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FullChoke

Hey teammates,

Another OG Turkey Hunting Contest season is already underway and we have all seats filled. We have several new people on board this year and I think it is as good a time as any to begin introducing ourselves to the others.

Tell us as much about yourself that doesn't violate your Witness Protection guidelines, your history of hunting gobblers, where you might be travelling OOS this year, and your PIN.

Cheers  ;D

FullChoke

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.

callaway71

I'll go first. I live near the Ky/Tn line. Can kill five birds without traveling anywhere. Been hunting them for around 25 yrs now. I get lucky every now and then. Love to hunt them run and gun style with my bow. I'll be sure to contribute to the team score. If all else fails Roost1 can put me on a bird.  :turkey2:
My son will be hunting some with me. He killed his first longbeard last year.

zelmo1

Y'all know me by now. Old fat and gray, beat to a pulp. I talk a better game than I play, but I try my azz off. Highest scoring bird on the team gets a pot call from me. It ain't nothin special, but will talk turkey. Good luck and god bless to all. I have to divulge that I am hunting with an enemy this year, Tom007, and gooserbat. I'll put them on the Jake's, lol. Z

Roost 1

First off thanks for having me on your team.  This will be my 34th spring chasing these crazy birds.
I live in southwest KY just above the TN line. Callaway71 and I are good friends, he is the best I know at hunting 'em with a bow but without a blind. Maybe I can talk him into sharing a video with yall.
I'll be hunting KY CA OR NJ MD and WI for sure and maybe an early hunt at my buddies place in GA.
I'm definitely looking forward to meeting everyone and sharing in your success.
One thing I like to do is swap hunts especially if you have a place I've never been too.  So if you have interest in KY let me know maybe we can work something out.  I've been trying for years to get Zelmo to invite up to his area, but no luck. I suppose it was because I was on an opposing team.  We'll see now!!!
:funnyturkey:

FullChoke

Howdy pardners, this is your old pal FullChoke. I retired as a CAD designer 2 years ago and my wife and I moved from Mississippi to the great state of Minnesota. I have been scoping out the birds here (they are everywhere in the Twin Cities) and have found them to be grossly underhunted and undereducated. I first started hunting turkeys when I moved to MS to attend college there in 1974 so this makes my - wait for it - 50th year in pursuit of these walnut brained geniuses. Crap. I am a 2 time NWTF National Champion in the wingbone yelper division of the custom turkey call competition. I now have been focusing my attention and time as a linocut printmaking artist, something I have been wanting to do for decades.

Cheers  ;D

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.

Roost 1

Quote from: FullChoke on March 07, 2024, 08:27:17 PM
Howdy pardners, this is your old pal FullChoke. I retired as a CAD designer 2 years ago and my wife and I moved from Mississippi to the great state of Minnesota. I have been scoping out the birds here (they are everywhere in the Twin Cities) and have found them to be grossly underhunted and undereducated. I first started hunting turkeys when I moved to MS to attend college there in 1974 so this makes my - wait for it - 50th year in pursuit of these walnut brained geniuses. Crap. I am a 2 time NWTF National Champion in the wingbone yelper division of the custom turkey call competition. I now have been focusing my attention and time as a linocut printmaking artist, something I have been wanting to do for decades.

Cheers  ;D

Oh wow!!! I'd love to see some of your wingbones.

cannonball

Good evening gentlemen,

I'm Eddie and live in East Tennessee. I have been chasing turkeys for over 30 years and will be hunting in state. I'm looking forward to getting to know our new teammates and wish everyone a successful spring season.

FullChoke

Oh wow!!! I'd love to see some of your wingbones.

I don't normally do this, but you did ask. Here are two of the competition pieces.

3seasons

Very nice Mr. Norman!!!!

Zelmo don't cut yourself short, your calls are nice. 

I'm from Southwest MS and really enjoy being on the team. I love chasing these birds although this year seems to be a little tougher for me to get excited about it.  Between finishing our house and some gun shop contractor issues that finally got resolved (thank the LORD) and an outage at work that will last till sometime in April, all of that has gotten me a little less that excited for the moment.  That being said I'm hoping next Friday morning on the 15th I'll hear one sound off and all will be good in the world.   I do know it works wonders for the soul. Hopefully I'll be able to find a dumb one and have a little luck on my side.
Looking forward to reading about everyone's successes this year.   Good luck to everyone.

zelmo1

Greg is a great human and turkey hunter, but his mind is slipping a bit. I do believe I offered and you had other plans. But I am slipping a bit too. Y'all are welcome, just call ahead. I am booked pretty full this year. Those reasonable rates ( a handshake and thank you  ) are keeping me in business, lol. My wife loves to feed people so most leave with a smile. Gooserbat and Tom007 will get their shot this year. Z

paintbrush

Hey Guys!
Bill from north central MN. here. I'm a semi-retired painting contractor.  I still work some for a painting outfit up here and help run their field crews. I'll be chasing these fasinating and some times frustating longbeards in the states of SD, MT, WI, and of course MN.

xarcher

Howdy all,
Jeff from western PA here.  Sorry I haven't been posting much yet but life sometimes gets in the way. 

I've been lucky to fly the R20's flag for quite some time now.  I'm thinking 6 or 7 years.  (Norm, aka Full Choke, is the best by the way for the recent additions.)  Been retired going on 4 years now.  In my earlier life, I'd travel to many out of state destinations but lately have settled into my home state of PA and short trips to WV/OH/MD. 

Best of luck to all this season.  Be safe and enjoy your time in the turkey woods. 

Guns don't kill people.  Guns kill food.

afhunter1

My second season on this team and I hope I can contribute to the cause again this year.  I'm from south central PA and hunt MD, WV, and sometimes OH but not this year.  I will start my season with my son this weekend in MD for there youth season.