turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Toughest Hunt of the Year

Started by davisd9, April 29, 2024, 02:19:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

davisd9

Today was the toughest hunt of the season, the last one. Only had a couple hours as I was taking one of my boys to the dentist but made the most of it. Got set up in a bird that was about 60 yards off. He gobbled three times, twice was at crows. When he they flew down two hens came to me and him and the other hens went the other way. He was kind enough to give a couple courtesy gobbles. After the hens left I just enjoyed a beautiful morning. Had a good talk with a hen and she finally filtered through. Could not have asked for a better hunt to end a good season. Hope everyone had enjoyed it as much as I have and those who are still out there I am jealous! Time to start dreaming of 2025!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

Tail Feathers

Looks like it was a pretty good season for you!
The last hunt each season is bittersweet.  Mine ended with a long beard in the truck, but it ended nonetheless. 
To the spring of 2025! :happy0167:
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

RutnNStrutn

Nice pictures. Season ending is always a bummer.

Zobo

Congratulations on a successful season with your boys! These are the days.
Stand still, and consider the wonderous works of God  Job:37:14

3bailey3

Congrats! tomorrow is my last day!

Ranman

Congrats on a great season.. now on to some fishing 🎣

Lcmacd 58

Quote from: Ranman on May 01, 2024, 08:06:37 AMCongrats on a great season.. now on to some fishing 🎣

Thats right

davisd9

Thanks everyone!

"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

SwampRooster17

Congrats to you and your boy on a great season!