Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

its REALLY QUIET in here?

Started by Bigeclipse, April 28, 2015, 09:10:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bigeclipse

I hope everyone is hunting and having a good season.  Are we still a team?

Efey

I hope so too. Unfortunately my season ended with no birds in the bag

ScottS

Work has gotten in the way of my season but I hope to get out a few weekends before my season ends on the 17th.

kevin2

I had a few hens come visit, but not a Gobbler to see on either of the locations I scouted. I have a few more days to hunt & will likely get out a couple more times with any luck. I was at my bow club today practicing just incase I get a bird to come into my blind in the morning. Once it gets mid day, I'll likely move out with the gun OR crossbow in tow again.

Been my worst season. I would move properties, but my tag is bought now! TO LATE!

I did enjoy shooting today though, so that was a plus.
I am going to bag my first Turkey this spring if it is the last thing I do!

bamagtrdude

Finished my season on Tuesday with a sprint-to-the-finish 5-day hunt in south Alabama.  My brother got a nice bird on Saturday, but unfortunately, despite gobbling birds all around, we never got another one to come on up into our setups on our land.

I ended the season with 1 bird down -- a jake I shot on a stalk hunt on 3 gobblers w/4 hens in a pasture...  We spotted the birds from a long ways off & saw "white noggins" & setup the stalk; I called all 3 gobblers into our setup (was hunting w/a buddy, were trying to double-up) and at the last moment, 2 of 'em bolted/spooked so I lowered the boom on the dumb one that was left.

Given my heart-breaking miss on a really nice old gobbler, I'm glad to have at least not blanked on the season; but, sure do wish things had turned out a little different this year.  That's just the way turkey hunting goes.

BGD
---
Bama Guitar Dude (bamagtrdude)

kevin2

Nice bird. At least you had some action and loads of fun.

Quote from: bamagtrdude on April 30, 2015, 05:08:53 PM
Finished my season on Tuesday with a sprint-to-the-finish 5-day hunt in south Alabama.  My brother got a nice bird on Saturday, but unfortunately, despite gobbling birds all around, we never got another one to come on up into our setups on our land.

I ended the season with 1 bird down -- a jake I shot on a stalk hunt on 3 gobblers w/4 hens in a pasture...  We spotted the birds from a long ways off & saw "white noggins" & setup the stalk; I called all 3 gobblers into our setup (was hunting w/a buddy, were trying to double-up) and at the last moment, 2 of 'em bolted/spooked so I lowered the boom on the dumb one that was left.

Given my heart-breaking miss on a really nice old gobbler, I'm glad to have at least not blanked on the season; but, sure do wish things had turned out a little different this year.  That's just the way turkey hunting goes.

BGD
I am going to bag my first Turkey this spring if it is the last thing I do!

bamagtrdude

Quote from: kevin2 on April 30, 2015, 05:10:53 PM
Nice bird. At least you had some action and loads of fun.

I sure did, Kevin!  One of the BIG highlights on the season was watching my turkey hunting buddy (who was with me w/my bird) get his 1st nice gobbler ever in 6 seasons of hunting -- *AND* he did it all on his own!!  His excitement was off the charts, and I was very proud of him for never giving up & hanging in there for such a long period of time...  So, that was super-cool to be a part of!  :)
---
Bama Guitar Dude (bamagtrdude)