Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Pulled 3 to the gun this morning.

Started by Deputy 14, April 27, 2015, 08:53:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deputy 14

Opening day here in WV and pulled three birds to the gun at about 9 this morning, but I had my buddy with me who's never turkey hunted so he got the shot. Killed a nice 3 year old bird, 10.5 in beard 21 lbs and inch spurs. To say he was elated is an understatement. We had 5 or 6 birds gobbling so hopefully I can lower the boom on one. I'll have to say I was as satisfied putting him on his first as I wouldve been killing it myself.

Twowithone

That's what its all about he never turkey hunted and got a slammer of a Gobbler way to go. Youll be paid back trifold for that deed. :firefighter:
09-11-01 Some Gave Something. 343 Gave All F.D.N.Y.

RutnNStrutn

Good job on hooking your buddy up!! Your turn next!!!

Sent from deep in the turkey woods on my Droid RazrMax HD.

Hayudog

Adds a new level to your hunt. Congrats to both of you on a dandy bird.

TrackeySauresRex

"If You Call Them,They Will Come."

Deputy 14

Thanks gentlemen. Birds weren't nearly as cooperative today, hoping for some warmer weather this week. I believe they're all about froze to death.

Twowithone

I can believe that. It was 37dgs on the trout stream this morning I couldn't wait for the sun to come up. :OGturkeyhead:

Deputy 14

No doubt man. I've froze my nuts off this week. Lol

RutnNStrutn

Twowithone

Yeah us Northern boys cant hunt turks yet so we go trout fishing too kill time. Then when the season opens this Saturday thank you Lord that was a long year for sure we turkey hunt in the morning till 12:00 noon and trout fish till whenever it makes for a good day. :firefighter:

RutnNStrutn