turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Claw sling?

Started by The Woodsman, January 17, 2016, 08:15:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Woodsman

Can the swivels be changed out on these? I think the webbing is molded into the rubber part.

Thanks.

Swampchickin234

Yessir they can be.  And yes the webbing is molded/stitched. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gamblinman

Quote from: The Woodsman on January 17, 2016, 08:15:19 AM
Can the swivels be changed out on these? I think the webbing is molded into the rubber part.

Thanks.

Yes they can. I never hunt with a sling in place, and those original Hush swivels were a PIA. I switched mine out to some Uncle Mikes to make it easier to remove. The Newer Hush slings are much better.
"I don't hunt turkeys because I want to. I hunt turkeys because I have to."

Greg Massey

I got one of the sling last year after turkey season and i tried it out on one of my guns and i hated the swivels and i really didn't care for the sling...i guess two of the reasons i didn't like it was that the rubber on the sling was stiff in the cold weather and the swivels. After that hunt i took it off and put back on one of my old military slings..another thing is if you have a UTV with the over head gun rack it's hard to place it in the holder with that big piece of rubber on the sling...WANT buy another one that's for sure..i will just stick with the old web type sling.

Gooserbat

I have one of the slimline models and really like it.
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

maytom

I have the newer green tapered model. Love this sling. I agree, the older models had a terrible swivel design, which made it very tuff to remove or install on your gun. :gobble:

Spitten and drummen

Quote from: Gooserbat on January 17, 2016, 05:40:39 PM
I have one of the slimline models and really like it.

I just got one in bottomland and it was a pain putting it on my benelli. the coating on the swivel seemed a tad thick. had to work with it to get it through the studs. once I got it through , it seems fine. I will like it most likely. slim line and comfortable.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

Double B

Best out there in my opinion,  I like them.  Some of the old ones had a swivel screw with a wing nut type head, those were easier to take on and off.  Have not purchased one recently though.  Stays in place when you're walking. 
Followed by buzzards

SteelerFan

Love the claw...
(slimline or contour)

Yep, the one swivel style is definitely a PIA -

If you haven't bought yet - check this deal on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Blackpowder-Products-Countour-Rifle-Sling/dp/B000G7777Q/ref=pd_bxgy_200_img_2?ie=UTF8&refRID=0K9V699JYF4VJ10FF70H

Best I found, and it has the better swivels -

Greg Massey

The one i have has that big chunk of rubber that's kind of like a square i don't care for it at all..You guy's must never carry your gun in a over head gun rack..you can almost use that rubber piece as a weapon..again i will stick with regular web sling..

kyturkeyhunter4

The slime line models are nice I liked mine.