OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

indian creek

Started by fletchy, May 22, 2012, 01:13:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fletchy

Hey guys! Anyone know a good lead load for the indian creek black diamond?

dirt road ninja

In an 835 with an IC 675. The win xx 2 1/4 6's are about as good as I've found. The Win HV # 5's didn't do as well, and the rem premier #5's were terrible.

fletchy

I have tryed winchester supreme 3 and 3.5 #6 bad! Kent 3.5 #6 worst! And a few federal fcw #6 they did okay but they say not to use them in that choke. So far hevi shot is best but i dont like the price.

stinkpickle

Quote from: fletchy on May 22, 2012, 03:42:18 PM
I have tryed winchester supreme 3 and 3.5 #6 bad!...

Exactly how bad was "bad"?

fletchy

I was lucky to get 80 in the whole paper. And was worse with the kents!

stinkpickle

Quote from: fletchy on May 25, 2012, 07:55:14 AM

WOW!  You should be able to get better results with the factory choke.  Something sounds wrong.  The choke itself might be bad, or something else.  I'd contact the Indian Creek folks and describe your situation.

fletchy

But with the hevi shot mag blend I got 159 with 3inch and 183 with 3.5. Thats what I hunted with this season.

bigredneck61088

my .665 IC outta my 24 inch barreled SX2 puts up 120s in the 10 inch @ 40 ydswith winchester supreme 3.5 lead 5s for what its worth

snapper1982

Quote from: stinkpickle on May 25, 2012, 12:29:49 PM
Quote from: fletchy on May 25, 2012, 07:55:14 AM

WOW!  You should be able to get better results with the factory choke.  Something sounds wrong.  The choke itself might be bad, or something else.  I'd contact the Indian Creek folks and describe your situation.

i had the exact same results with the winchesters out of my BDS.

i found some old federal(pre fcw) and they shoot pretty good. 3.5 2oz 6's average 127 dirty barrel. remington 870 28 inch

stinkpickle

Those Winchesters might not like the wad catchers.  I have a .675 for my 835 on its way.  I'll hafta try some XX and HV lead thru it and see what happens.

GOLD HUNTER

WHAT GUN ARE U PUTTN THE IC CHOKE IN ................ ????

fletchy

Remington 870 super mag 26 inch barrel.

R AJ

What constriction is the choke? I am guessing that it is not a 660-665.

fletchy

It is .665 and I understand they say not to use the federal flight control rounds in that choke? I shot 2 and they did best for the lead. but is it safe?