turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

11-87 Supermag choke

Started by Tsawyer340, January 19, 2018, 07:18:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tsawyer340

What's your favorite choke/load combo for12ga 11-87 Supermag?

turkeyinstrut

My 11-87 loved a old style Jellyhead or IC .665 choke and Mag Blends and then I loaded up some 2 1/2 oz. TSS 9's and realized that nobody needed that kind of a pattern to kill turkeys, I now hunt with a 20 and 28 ga. and this year I am going to try a 410. In all seriousness if you want awesome patterns get yourself a IC 665 choke and some TSS 9's, I think it will blow your mind.

dirt road ninja

I'd venture to say any quality choke in the .655-.665 will do well. If shooting small HTL you might want to start on the tighter side. Big lead I'd start on the more open end.

spurman

Carlson turkey .660. 3 inch 12 ga. Federal Mag-Shok 5's or 6's, Winchester longbeards 5's or 6's both good turkey killing patterns. Tried heavyweights and Extended all will kill turkeys.
Spring turkey hunting, I love it so.                FREEDOM IS NOT FREE

Tsawyer340

Just ordered up a IC 665 off midway, $55 and free shipping with my birthday discount.  :hb2: Ive always had good luck with the Winchester longbeards. I don't know if I will ever be able to justify spending $8 a shot for the tss.

Gobble!

Quote from: Tsawyer340 on February 18, 2018, 08:09:20 AM
Just ordered up a IC 665 off midway, $55 and free shipping with my birthday discount.  :hb2: Ive always had good luck with the Winchester longbeards. I don't know if I will ever be able to justify spending $8 a shot for the tss.

That will be a quality combo.

Fullfan

Mine loves the Truelock and Federal Heviweight #7 shot. Took me a long time to find that combo, and I have prob 30 boxes of shells for the gun.
Don't gobble at me...