only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

What's the best budget turkey gun

Started by 20ga.turkeyshooter, November 23, 2013, 02:01:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

20ga.turkeyshooter

I want a knew gun under 1000 that will shoot 2 3/4-3 1/2 inch shells

Rem Man

Just my opinion: Rem 870 Super Mag in the new Bottomland Camo with a Jelly Head Choke and Burris Fastfire iii, and you would have some money left to buy some shells. I along with 3 of my hunting buddies have this combo and i can tell you they are all shooters and great guns!!!!!! GOOD LUCK!

This gun and the Jellyhead with the Heavi # 7's is a sweet combo!!!!!!

ohiomossyoak

1000$ is a pretty good budget..When I saw the thread title I was thinking it would be a smaller budget..Im a poor boy and have  no experience with shotguns in that price range..
"Mister X"=2013 Recon'ed Stryker Strykezone 380 covered in Mossy Oak Treestand camo(1inch groups@45yards off a bench with Slick Trick Broadheads)
"General Patton"=Mossberg 835 Ulti-Mag/24in ported barrel in  woodland camo

20ga.turkeyshooter

We'll not exactly 1000 but 900 would pretty much be as high as I'll go

Agree with Rem Man,870 supermag is hard to beat.

reynolds243

With that budget an 870 shouldn't even be in the topic. Nothing against an 870 but there are much better guns with that budget.

Winchester sx3 or Remington 1187 would be my 2 quick choices as well as a Stoeger 3500 and browning Gold.

All 4 of those are fantastic guns with a good following.

savduck

Georgia Boy

20ga.turkeyshooter

Ok I've narrowed it down to tristar hunter mag or stoeger m3500 any help

R AJ

With those two choices I'd look at Stoeger 3500

the Ward

Out of the two I would probably go with the 3500 also.If you would be content with shooting 3" shells I would suggest taking a look at a beretta a300.You can pick those up in black synthetic for around $650 or less and it's a rock solid nicely balanced gun.My Son has one in max 4 28" barrel and we love it.If you have a $900 budget that leaves plenty left for a drill and tap(plenty of meat in receiver for that)optic and choke.As much as I love my vinci it would have been  hard deciding between it and the a300  had they been available at that time.Good luck!

ledhead

I actually have a Custom Built 20 gauge with 2 drop- in chokes that i use at turkey shoots. Only change u would have to make is buy new chokes because you could not shoot Steell in these chokes. Only reason i am willin to sale it is that i am wantin to buy a Outlaw Barrel . This Gun will blow a Turkeys head off at 25 yards easily! It was built by SumToy! Great built Gun!! call me. 9198880381.

SumToy

Quote from: ledhead on November 24, 2013, 09:58:28 AM
I actually have a Custom Built 20 gauge with 2 drop- in chokes that i use at turkey shoots. Only change u would have to make is buy new chokes because you could not shoot Steell in these chokes. Only reason i am willin to sale it is that i am wantin to buy a Outlaw Barrel . This Gun will blow a Turkeys head off at 25 yards easily! It was built by SumToy! Great built Gun!! call me. 9198880381.

Turkey loads would be ok out it.  The only thing is it would need to have the chamber changed in it for them. 
Tell us just how dead do you want them to be and we will see if we can get that for you.
Building American made products with American made CNC's and Steel.  Keep all the service Men and Women that gave a LIFE for our FREEDOM a live when you buy American.  God Bless the USA

chatterbox

My opinion, for what it's worth, is get a Mossberg 835, put a Burris FFIII for a sight with a 336 base, choke it with a Truglo SSX, put a claw sling on it, and feed her 3-2-7 Hevi-13.

You will have a boneafied turkey slayer for well under 900.00, and will kill any turkey walking.

SumToy

Pumps
Moss 835/535,   Rem 870,  Benelli Nova

Auto
Rem 1187,  Win SX3,  Stoeger 3500,  Moss 935, Beretta A300
Tell us just how dead do you want them to be and we will see if we can get that for you.
Building American made products with American made CNC's and Steel.  Keep all the service Men and Women that gave a LIFE for our FREEDOM a live when you buy American.  God Bless the USA

davisd9

835, 870, 935, 11-87

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk 2

"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer