OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

OG BONEY Spotted On YouTube

Started by 10th Legionaire, March 22, 2024, 09:49:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

arkrem870

So the guys hunting and filming for profit on public land are the good guys. And the ones that have been warning of the consequences of loose lips are selfish bad guys. What a crock... if you haven't felt the squeeze of loose lip policies you are lying to your self or you aren't a turkey hunter period. Gobblers are a finite resource....hunt because you love it. Not for likes from strange men.   

And If you haven't noticed we are currently losing our opportunity with limited draws, later season structure on public lands, limit decreases that target public land hunters, limited tags etc.  Alabama/mississippi/georgia/ohio/kansas/nebraska/oklahoma/South Carolina and many more....... it's HUNTERS that are driving this trend forward by pressuring their DNR due to increased pressure . It's not the non hunting masses your speak of.....FACT

Paulmyr

Whatever!

You were bad mouthing Richard Martinez the "Volunteer" Chairman of the Backwater Hunters and Anglers. A group dedicated to introducing new hunters and fisherman to the possibilities available if your not rich and/or don't own land. They are well aware of the battle for lost hunting privileges due to political pressure from antis's.

If you don't think the anti's are coming for your hunting privileges through legislation and political pressure keep your head in the sand. Just ask the folks in Wa. who recently lost spring bear, hound hunting for cougars, and more recently are coming after standard hunting practices for cougars with looming harvest reductions that are not supported by the biology. Or better yet  the reversal of newly enacted wolf hunting seasons because they're supposedly still endangered, come on up to Mn and I'll show you the wolf scat that litters the forest roads or maybe we can howl at the moon and listen to all the replies of this so called endangered species.

The many regs changes you speak of tried to reverse a trend in dropping turkey populations thought to be a result of over harvesting gobblers early in the season.  New light has come to bear on this matter and studies are showing later season start dates don't help and should be reversed. Tennessee will be reversing the later season start dates and the others should follow suit. Reduced limits are an effort to curb dropping populations that seems to be a result of poor habitat.

Ms limited non resident because of the influx of new hunters after the season changes in surrounding states and because its neighboring state Arkansas does a poor job of managing its habitat for turkeys and barely has season but I'm sure your aware of that fact.

I get it. You don't want any new turkey hunters crowding you out. Turkeys for me and none for thee.

Paul Myrdahl,  Goat trainee

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.". John Wayne, The Shootist.

arkrem870

If I lived in Minnesota I might have the same thoughts as you. Was up in that part of the world last week-weekend...but I'm from where the impacts of loose lips have crushed public hunting opportunities. And btw Backwoods hunters and anglers are a bunch of liberals. Im a member and give them some money but I know what they are. Cheers

Paulmyr

I've been seeing the impacts of the growing demands on public land since the late 70's. It's not something reserved for where your from.
Paul Myrdahl,  Goat trainee

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.". John Wayne, The Shootist.