turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Where can I find this load?

Started by donjuan, May 07, 2013, 10:06:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

donjuan

In the Hevi-shot Magnum Blend ads, they say that you can put 294 pellets in a 10 inch ring compared to 214 of lead.  Where does one find this lead load?   ???
Whoever said you can't kill em from the couch never was good enough to call a gobbler into the living room

SCDieselDawg

Musta been shooting up close. I have barely broke 200 with the Magnum Blends at 40 yds.

R AJ

That is doable if you get to where you can put 214 lead pellets of say #6 shot you should get their numbers quoted. 214 lead of any size in the 10 is a close shot.

donjuan

At 40 yards though? That's what they claim and I didn't mention. 
Whoever said you can't kill em from the couch never was good enough to call a gobbler into the living room

BrowningGuy88

Quote from: donjuan on May 08, 2013, 07:07:47 PM
At 40 yards though? That's what they claim and I didn't mention.

Who is they? What are they shooting?

I have never seen lead go over 200 @ 40 yards.

donjuan

Hevi shot claims at 40 yards, the Magnum Blends will put 294 in the 10" halo at 40 yards compared to 214 with lead.  Inside back cover the NWTF magazine.

surehuntsalot

nothing but a marketing scheme by hevi metal to try and get your attention
it's not the harvest,it's the chase

darn2ten

I read that ad, and that caught my eye also. I was thinking the exact same thing you are.

WildSpur

+/- 20% margin of error.

Best I ever got was 220's with the 3.5".  Though exaggerated by EM I still like the round.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2

Cluck more, yelp less

mightyjoeyoung

It's very doable in the right gun/choke combo.  Here's the 3.5" Mag Blend pattern I got 2 years ago out of my 835 and a .670 SSX.  345 in the 10" at 37 yards, so the 40 would still be well over 300 I am sure...
Big Al's "Take-em" Style Silhouette decoys Pro-Staff.

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind te most.

mightyjoeyoung

Also, that same gun with the new Truglo Smackdown .670 choke put up a BEAUTIFUL 355 in the 10" at 40 yards last spring too so the results I got were not a fluke imo.
Big Al's "Take-em" Style Silhouette decoys Pro-Staff.

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind te most.