turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

OLD FEDERAL AMMO

Started by GOLD HUNTER, February 18, 2012, 05:42:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stinkpickle

Yes.  They were packaged in the new style boxes for a while before adding the Flight Control Wad logo.  I have some of those, too.

Philippe

Quote from: stinkpickle on March 07, 2012, 06:39:41 PM
Yes.  They were packaged in the new style boxes for a while before adding the Flight Control Wad logo.  I have some of those, too.

I thought so, glad i have a boat load of them on order for the 12 and 20 :gobble:

Philippe

LOL at all the pm's i've gotten about this ammo, boy i better put a second order up incase someone finds out where i'm getting them from, ya'll will clean'em out before i can get to them again haha!

mightyjoeyoung

Quote from: Philippe on March 08, 2012, 03:38:06 PM
LOL at all the pm's i've gotten about this ammo, boy i better put a second order up incase someone finds out where i'm getting them from, ya'll will clean'em out before i can get to them again haha!

Well, if its from Fred at Rogers, you better hurry.  I just got my 3 new boxes for a total of 7 of the 3.5/2/6s. I also just shot it todat in my 835 thumbhole and the new TG .670 Bone Collector.  My impression?  NICE!!  After a poi adjustment to the right about 6" on the red dot, no joke, at 35 yards, it put virtually every single pellet on the 24" square pattern paper with just a few outside the edges!!  The center 10" was nice and dense and even...in fact the whole pattern was just about perfect!  I LOVE THOSE OLD FEDEREAL LEAD LOADS BOY!!
Big Al's "Take-em" Style Silhouette decoys Pro-Staff.

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind te most.

Philippe

Quote from: mightyjoeyoung on March 08, 2012, 06:11:28 PM

Quote from: Philippe on March 08, 2012, 03:38:06 PM

Well, if its from Fred at Rogers, you better hurry.  I just got my 3 new boxes for a total of 7 of the 3.5/2/6s. I also just shot it todat in my 835 thumbhole and the new TG .670 Bone Collector.  My impression?  NICE!!  After a poi adjustment to the right about 6" on the red dot, no joke, at 35 yards, it put virtually every single pellet on the 24" square pattern paper with just a few outside the edges!!  The center 10" was nice and dense and even...in fact the whole pattern was just about perfect!  I LOVE THOSE OLD FEDEREAL LEAD LOADS BOY!!

I don't think i've found a lead shell that out performs the Winchester XX 3.5 2 1/4oz 6's yet. You have any pix up of that recent shoot with these shells and that Bone Collector choke? I've been curious to see how well those chokes shoot.

mightyjoeyoung

Ask and ye shall receive.  The shot was actually 36 yards.  Same range as usual at the folks' house.  I have shot hundreds of rounds of winchester loads...like em a lot, but I have always gotten better results with the older Fed pre FC 3.5/2/6 pb loads in my gun/choke combos.  Many guys who have only been hunting 10 years or less don't really get to see what a real federal lead load is since the advent of the FC wad.  Shame too cuz they don't know what they're missing...  while this pattern is quite good, I have gotten better from this gun, just not with this choke as it was, up until today un tested. 

surehuntsalot

I stumbled across a great find today,friend of my uncle was cleaning out his storeroom/junk room and came across 10 boxes of old Federal pre FC 3"20ga 1-1/4oz #6's
he gave them to my uncle who in turn gave them to me
christmas came early
it's not the harvest,it's the chase

mightyjoeyoung

So...How much ya want for em?   :toothy9:

Philippe

I found two boxes on a local stores shelf of the 3.5 2 1/4oz 5's but he wanted 20 bucks a box. They can sit and collect dust for another 15 years lol.

mightyjoeyoung

Only thing I've been able to find is the 3/2/4s at Dunn's.  Hard to find those 5s anymore. 

Philippe

Quote from: 2ounce6s on March 09, 2012, 09:28:13 AM
GH,
That's funny because it was just a couple years back that I bought a bunch of these shells through you and Reloader when I was searching for them too. Got 9 boxes put up I got through both you guys finding them and buying them for me, seems like it was $9-10 a box.  :)

If any of you fellas run across these old Fed Premium shells (old stuff-Non FC wad) in 3" 2oz #5s you let me know. Was the shebang on toms for me for a number of years. Down to 5 tarnished shells now in those #5s.

There is a local store that has a few boxes but you don't wanna see the price tag on them.