turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

I got the box calls itch please help

Started by Stump.270, February 12, 2015, 08:38:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stump.270

Ok guys I picked up a black poplar and Purple Heart box from holloran he only made 4 and he signed it to my 3 month old son I traded some pots and got a woodhaven real hen poplar I beleave which is next I'm on the fence on getting one of David's Purple Heart and cedar any recommendations

drum817

I've owned a wh box..... Do yourself a favor and buy a SS Custom Box..... Call Al Shoemaker he would love to talk to ya!!!
"Freedom Has Never Been Free"

REBELYELL

SS Custom calls. Al will hook you up. Albert Paul and Frank Kruer also make some good ones.

bmhern

Just got my box from SS Calls. I couldn't be happier, give Al a call.

okiegobblers

Ordered an SS box last week. 5 week wait list,  but worth it!

worth612000

SS boys are super nice and can flat out build a call, same about Frank Kruer plus he has been tearing it up at the nationals. Makes me want to call tomorrow and put in another order and if you like copper pots calls he builds a great one.

dirt road ninja

As others have said "SS" calls, I have 4 and all are great. Another builder I recommend and have a few calls from is Albert Paul, never played a bad one from him either.

Stump.270

Spring Creek Calls

Quote from: Stump.270 on February 13, 2015, 06:48:32 AM
None of yall like holloran boxes

I've never played one of his box calls, but if they are anything like his pot calls they should be well above average. Come to think of it, I'll be playing one of his boxes sometime today.
2014  SE Call Makers Short Box 2nd Place
2017  Buckeye Challenge Long Box 5th Place
2018  Mountain State Short Box 2nd Place
2019  Mountain State Short Box 1st Place
2019  NWTF Great Lakes Scratch Box 4th Place
2020 NWTF GNCC Amateur 5th Place Box
2021 Mountain State 3rd Place Short Box
2021 SE Callmakers 1st & 2nd Short Box
E-mail: gobblez@aol.com

worth612000

Sure we like his calls, but why put all the same eggs in one basket. Jeff McKamey out of Chattanooga TN is another you can't beat " Twisting Creek Calls"  Super nice guy.

ccleroy

Jeff McKamey makes a killer box for a heck of a deal imo, Twisting Creek Calls, he sent me one and it's phenomenal.

Ricky

MikeStaten

Frank kruer makes a really nice box.  Walnut over mahogany one sider sounds amazing.

JLCustomTurkeyCalls

:drool: Lots of GREAT options!  Spring Creek TC makes some fine sounding long boxes and SS is in a class of its own..  I have a Birdseye over Purpleheart double sided combination with your name on it.  PM me your information, and I would love to shoot the box over to you and see how it compares to the Holloran... On us.  Take care and happy hunting!  Spread the passion!

Eric
JLCTC
www.jlcustomturkeycalls.com

JLCustomTurkeyCalls.com
Made in USA  Veteran Owned

birdyhunter

Picked up a twisting creek butternut over canary wood today at the convention and man oh man what a box.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

mgm1955

Jeff, Frank, SS, Albert--won't go wrong with any of these guys