OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Well I finally done it

Started by Roughneck, January 10, 2015, 03:21:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roughneck

Brain I couldn't agree with you more. I would like to say how a man goes about building a call should be his on personal preference weather it be by any means he decides to build one. What difference does it make aslong as he is happy or the person he made it for. I mean anybody feel free to shed some light on the subject cause the way I see it how you checker and hull the body really doesn't matter to me in the end you have a call that started with single piece of wood . I mean correct me if I'm wrong but to me tunning a call is where the work starts yes pretty calls look good but looks don't make a call sing. You have to tune a call and by hand is the only way I know. Everyone is entitled to there opinion I beleave that but at the same time I feel you should know what your talking about that's just my two since. And once again thanks for all comments.

hunter22

Neal,

Sorry if I ruffled some of the Osage boys feathers. You must be a really fast learner to make those calls in a weekend. Some of the good callmakers I know tells me it takes them several days to just make one call. Congrats on some killers.

mgm1955

Neal,
I just want to say again that these are some fine looking calls and you should be extremely proud of what you have accomplished. You have made something from a piece of wood with your own hands and can now use it to call a bird. I think that is something everyone who hunts turkeys dreams of doing. How it was made makes no difference as has already been pointed out. The goal was to make a call you could use, no other claims were made. We turkey hunters should celebrate the passion that moved you to do this as well as the willingness of others to share the knowledge they have accumulated with people who love turkey hunting. Anything less than that takes away from the most wonderful sport I know. Your story is an inspiration to me. Congratulations and best of luck this spring.
Mike

M Sharpe

Good looking boxes! The only thing that should matter is that it sounds like a turkey!!
I'm not a Christian because I'm strong and have it all together. I'm a Christian because I'm weak and admit I need a Saviour!