turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

XT calls

Started by troutfisher13111, May 24, 2012, 06:13:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

troutfisher13111

Anyone know if they are still making calls? Their site has had everything listed as out of stock for a while now.

M Sharpe

I don't know anything about whether or not they are still in business, but they should be. I heard a fella run one of Steve's calls yesterday and it was PURE turkey.
I'm not a Christian because I'm strong and have it all together. I'm a Christian because I'm weak and admit I need a Saviour!

silverspur

Use the contact number listed, I believe they are still being made and Steve does a great job with those mouth calls.
Longbeards / Sharp Spurs

paturkeyhntr

I sent them an email the other day and received a reply saying they were not making any calls right now, but would resume later in the year.

GSLAM95

I purchased some from steve back in early March.  Nice calls but the tape is a little stiffer than I like.

Apologizing:  does not always mean you are wrong and the other person is right. 
It just means that you value your relationship more than your ego.

dirt road ninja

I used one for the first time this spring. A buddy had 2 and gave me one. Great call, but I found the tape too stiff. If you put it in your mouth 10 minutes before your going to use it softens up and seals up. If I don't let it sit before using I get a ton of blow by. Plan to order a few more before next spring.

gaswamp

Steve will get back in gear a few months before next Spring season.

dirt road ninja

I too have to trim a lot of calls.

I tried a Cane Creek C.C. Smoker this year and it is very similar to the XT Havoc in size and sound, but it is made out of a very supple tape. I did not need to trim that one. It seems with the C.C. though after being in my mouth for hours it gets slippery and wants to jump forward if I try to get some volume.

Another call I really liked this year was the Dave Hollran Natural Born Killer. I ruined the first one cutting it too short, but was more cafefull on the second one.