OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

...The Walkin' Stick by C.M. Brumfiel...

Started by NCBigShot, October 14, 2011, 08:00:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NCBigShot

...Received a package in the mail this week...darn thing was stickin' 5" out of my mailbox! Opened it up to see this gorgeous longbox made for me by Chris Brumfiel of Old School Turkey Calls.  :z-guntootsmiley:

...Chris calls this caller the "Walkin' Stick"...a very appropriate name for this 16" fence post style call.

..He made this call for me to my specifications, using wormy butternut for the base, and a striking piece of bocote for the lid. I was really very surprised at how well this call is tuned...It has turkey in it just about every way you play it. It has the most wonderful 'old hen' yelp..deep and raspy! I told Chris if this call doesn't raise the hackles on an ol' gobbler nothing will! :turkey2:

...Anyone who has never run this style call I strongly encourage you to contact Chris and have one made for yourself! His prices are very reasonable and the work he puts into his calls is exceptional...

Thanks for the great caller, Chris!  :you_rock:
When the Dogwood is white, the time is right...

CMBOSTC

Ken,

Thanks for the kind words and great pictures. If you think this one is long wait til you see the 18inch that I will be doing in a couple of weeks for my son. I have had a lot of comments on how long the Walkin` Stick box caller is. A lot of people don't realize the tone quality that you can get out of a longer box call. That's why I love the old school calls.

If you don't have a box call over 16' try one for yourself you will not believe the tones of yelps, cuts and purrs. I won't use a box caller under 16'.

M,Yingling

Not taking orders for calls at this time ,,,but my have some on hand  ,,,I Dont sell strikers
I do like copper pot calls,,,,Get them While u can
My YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/user/CallerTurkey