turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

BEST CUSTOM CALL ?

Started by BIGBOB, September 26, 2011, 07:06:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BIGBOB

I am wanting to buy a custom pot call either glass or crystal.Would appreciate any suggestions or recommendations. thanks bob

870BkWht

Only You yourself can be the judge of that.  I honestly doubt if anyone on this forum makes a bad sounding call.  I personally have calls from Jack ''Pappy'' Lewis, Wendell from LightsOutCalls, and Andy Kaiser from Kaiser's Kalls.  You wont go wrong with any call maker though and Im sure any call maker from this board will make you a call to fit your sound that your looking for.  Good Luck.

pappy

Bob, when you're looking to purchase a custom caller it is best to contact the call maker, let them know what it is you are looking for. Any true custom call maker will talk with you and personalize the call to your needs. The problem most folks have is that they know what it is they want but have noone to tell it to, as it would be gruesome trying to talk to the CNC machine at Primos or Zink, not to mention what folks would think if they saw you talking to a machine....lol...Any of the callmakers that make pot calls on this site will definately be happy to meet your needs. Do a search on pot calls on the search engine and you'll see a pile of fellows and their comments on the call they got and who they got it from and how they like it. The end result is gonna surprise you, especially when you call in that next bird using one super hot fantastic pot call made by.................
my new email is paw.paw.jack@sbcglobal.net
tel...573-380-8206

Devastator

good luck in your search.im sure you will find one from the call makers on here.i, myself would highly recommend a hooks crystal pot with a lightsout agatewood stryker.

TarheelTurk

I beleive Pappy said it best ! But  i will put my .5 cents. the best call will be the one that you find, made by whom ever you choose, that fits your needs & that you develop confidence in
Jason
Grandads Advice : "Sometimes its better to be quit and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubts" LOL

Chris Downs

what about Halloran's calls.  Anybody use them?

TRKYHTR

This is just my opinion. The best way to buy a call is to be able to run it before you buy it. If there is anyway you can go to a sportmans expo or some type of outdoor show where there will be call makers there that will have calls for you to try, is the best way to buy a call. When you can put your hands on a call and run it yourself it makes a world of difference. 90% of the time you are not able to try a call before you use it. Even the store bought calls are packaged so you can't use it before you buy it. I've bought 100's of calls over the years and I am never surprised when I can run a call before I buy it. Good luck with your choice.

TRKYHTR
RIP Marvin Robbins

[img]http://i261.photobuck