OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Lewis Stowe Trumpets

Started by Jhp148, February 14, 2023, 12:25:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

25_06

The price of an object is subject to change with the fluctuating market, that all I was stating.

Thanks for contributing to this post.

25_06

Quote from: davisd9 on February 14, 2023, 07:18:34 PM
Quote from: Terry on February 14, 2023, 05:28:54 PM
I miss the days when it wasn't about how much money a guy could make, but about turkey hunting and sharing it with like minded individuals

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Preach!

Have you attempted to lease any land for hunting?

It is out of my reach financially. Just added to the mix.

Thanks

25_06

In my area it will set you back five or six high quality trumpet calls a year.

Just trying to a make a comparison on the value of an object or fee we have all paid at one time or another.

thanks again.

crow

If you've been drinking let us know, so we can catch up and follow along better :TooFunny:

25_06

Quote from: crow on February 14, 2023, 08:18:32 PM
If you've been drinking let us know, so we can catch up and follow along better :TooFunny:

Thank for your concern, just trying to get the post count up.

Quality !!!!!!

Ranger

Just points to consider:

What Lewis Stowe calls that are out there is all there will ever be. And while he was quality enough of a callmaker to defy regular rules of economics like some other makers, he simply didn't make near the numbers as those other makers. In other words his calls would hold the same value if he had made 5K more of them, but he didnt, they're even more rare than some might think if talking about yelpers.

His quality is top shelf, his calls play as easy as anyone's and generate easy rasp even with a novice caller.  His craftsmanship is first class, he was a machinist. However, he made calls of different lengths and mouthpieces different thicknesses. All the while a machinist could have made them identical, he chose to make them unique.  Not to mention his slate call innovation and being copied by the monster companies of the day, his reputation as a callmaker is as strong as anyone's.

He's a 2-time World Champion Caller, legendary callmaker, and a killer, a Peterbilt couldn't pull the gobblers he killed.

He's one of the finest Christians I've ever known, someone spoken highly by everyone not out of courtesy for the recently deceased, but from sincere respect and admiration and genuine friendship.  The kind of man that makes you want to be a better man.  A lot comes with a "Stowe call" and they're valuable for a reason
"One can work for his gobbler by learning to communicate with him, or one can 'buy' his turkey with a decoy.  The choice is up to the 'hunter' " --William Yarbrough

25_06

Thank you for that very thoughtful message.

I have nothing further to add this thread.

thank you,

Pig

Quote from: Ranger on February 14, 2023, 08:31:55 PM
Just points to consider:

What Lewis Stowe calls that are out there is all there will ever be. And while he was quality enough of a callmaker to defy regular rules of economics like some other makers, he simply didn't make near the numbers as those other makers. In other words his calls would hold the same value if he had made 5K more of them, but he didnt, they're even more rare than some might think if talking about yelpers.

His quality is top shelf, his calls play as easy as anyone's and generate easy rasp even with a novice caller.  His craftsmanship is first class, he was a machinist. However, he made calls of different lengths and mouthpieces different thicknesses. All the while a machinist could have made them identical, he chose to make them unique.  Not to mention his slate call innovation and being copied by the monster companies of the day, his reputation as a callmaker is as strong as anyone's.

He's a 2-time World Champion Caller, legendary callmaker, and a killer, a Peterbilt couldn't pull the gobblers he killed.

He's one of the finest Christians I've ever known, someone spoken highly by everyone not out of courtesy for the recently deceased, but from sincere respect and admiration and genuine friendship.  The kind of man that makes you want to be a better man.  A lot comes with a "Stowe call" and they're valuable for a reason
Very well said Ranger!!

Terry

Quote from: Clayback on February 14, 2023, 09:20:51 PM
If easy rasp can be generated, even from a novice, I would take no less than $2000, especially in todays market ;) Sounds like this may be that "magical yelper".
Lol

runngun

@Ranger thanks for writing this, I for one am glad that you took the time. That was great and I appreciate it.

Have a good one and May God bless, Bo

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Blessed are the peacemakers for they are the children of God.

Crowstalker

You all are funny. He was old school Lewis Stowe and just a great person. I was just watching him on YouTube which brought me back over here. Ppl like that are a dying breed. He tried hard to make sure you were happy with your purchase.  I have a few and my favorite. He did make a easy running call.  Never got a bad one from him.