turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

A couple of grouper

Started by Sherrell, July 15, 2012, 08:26:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sherrell

Took the wife and Son out to try and boat a couple of Gags.Ronnie put a nice one in the boat first and the Wife later on.caught some mackerel and turned a few back.it was a morning filled with aggravating hammerhead sharks.we must of brought 7 or 8 to the boat.all in all still fun and I see a grouper sanwhich in my future.

Hognutz

Nice job, Sherrell. I've never caught a grouper, but it's all good. I know that!!
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
If attacked by a mob of clowns, go for the juggler.

tomstopper

Congrats. Some good eating right there.

dirt road ninja

Eric Gregg

There ain't no sharks around Fla. like there ain't no turkeys in Alabama :TooFunny:

Nice catch :you_rock:

GSLAM95

Makes my mouth water and I bet it's twice as good when cooked up fresh.  Someday I will have to try and make an ocean fishing trip of some kind..  :icon_thumright:

Apologizing:  does not always mean you are wrong and the other person is right. 
It just means that you value your relationship more than your ego.

TheTwistedOne

Here it's not the Hammerheads that become overwhelming it's their cousin the bonnethead. 

Gags are great eating.  Always a happy catch!

chcltlabz

GREAT eating right there.  I'd put that up against just about any fish in the water for eating, except Tuna and swordfish, but even that's a personal preference.

Hammerheads have been awful here too.  Remind me of the mafia, they're always going to get their cut.
A veteran is someone who, at one point, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America' for an amount of 'up to and including their life.'

That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.

Sherrell

You can always tell when Mr.Grouper hits...he heads straight for his rock hole while Mr. Hammerhead just heads for any old direction.

Going to head out next weekend and try some oversized pinfish and see if the sharks will cut me a little slack.

TheTwistedOne

Quote from: Sherrell on July 17, 2012, 05:59:05 PM
You can always tell when Mr.Grouper hits...he heads straight for his rock hole while Mr. Hammerhead just heads for any old direction.

Going to head out next weekend and try some oversized pinfish and see if the sharks will cut me a little slack.

Unlikely they'll leave you alone even then, you'll catch them even if you use another shark for bait!