OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Team USA uniforms made in China

Started by fallhnt, July 12, 2012, 01:24:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fallhnt

What the heck. Why would they do that. :TrainWreck1:
When I turkey hunt I use a DSD decoy

GSLAM95

My guess is because there is someone of the younger generation of this country doing the ordering/purchasing who don't have the same morals and ethics of their parents and grandparents.  It could possibly be as well that there is no manufacturer left in the USA to purchase these goods from as we have sold our soles to the overseas market! 

Apologizing:  does not always mean you are wrong and the other person is right. 
It just means that you value your relationship more than your ego.

Crawdad

kamski1151

When I'm not in the woods, I'm honkin on a Blues Harp

bird

Disgraceful and Outragougus!

This was a contract with Ralph Lareun who had the uniforms made in China and then charged the US Olympic Committee the following for the uniforms.

Men: Beret - $55 Tie - $125 Belt - $85 Shirt - $425 Blazer - $795 Trousers - $295 Shoes - $165

Women: Beret - $55 Scarf - $58 Belt - $85 Shirt - $179 Skirt - $498 Blazer - $598

The Outragougus part is that it was pointed out that these uniforms could of been Made in the USA for much less than what was charged by Ralph Laruen in China.

redarrow

Local news interviewed a company here in Michigan ( I believe) that said they would have been proud to make the uniforms. That #$%^ just ain't right.

TrackeySauresRex

I just heard the story on tv. I just can't beleive it. It makes me sick as well  :(
"If You Call Them,They Will Come."

Eric Gregg

Take a good look around in your house at what is made in China.
Go to Wal-Mart and see what all is made in China.
You will be hard pressed to find much of anything that we use on a daily basis not made in China, Vietnam, or Thailand.

Those are jobs that should be in the U.S.

coyotetrpr

Thank those for the North American Free Trade Agreement. What a slap in the face.
Jakes are like scotch. They are not worth a darn until they age.

Eric Gregg

Quote from: coyotetrpr on July 12, 2012, 09:49:20 PM
Thank those for the North American Free Trade Agreement. What a slap in the face.

Yeah, Slick Willy set us up with that one.

chatterbox

Nauseating. These are the best of the best America has, and they are wearing thar commie crap?
My father would roll over in his grave if he saw what was happening to the country he helped defend back in WWII.
Remember how the Roman Empire fell? There are some very disturbing parallels at work here.

tomstopper

This crap makes me sick and scared. We spend all our lives trying to provide for our families future and any more it seems pointless. Our jobs are diminishing at rapid rates, what jobs there are are being shipped overseas, our rights are being taken away daily, our dirt bag POTUS is ruining our AMERICAN DREAMS, work ethic is hard to instill in our children when all they see are welfare people sucking our country dry, our education system is way below standards, and this is just the tip of the ice berg. I am scared of what the future holds for my children and grand children when I am gone. Americans who vote for OBAMA need to wake up. In my book they are just as ignorant as he is. God help us if he is reelected.

Ol'Mossy

Quote from: kamski1151 on July 12, 2012, 02:07:08 PM
Whats not made in china ?????

I heard that!! Everything I look at in the stores are Made In China and they're JUNK

The shoes i'm wearing now are made in China, they hurt my feet, they fall apart easily and those slant eyed *&^%$%^%##  are probably laughing at all of us!!!

Old Gobbler

I understand sometimes its very hard to avoid purchasing items that are not imported -Fair Trade made this country prosper , most countries are fair trading partners - the Peoples Republic of China in not a fair trading partner , and looks to never be

China also continually uses its UN veto power to stop any progress with Irans nuclear issue - What the Hell are we going to do when Iran gets a Nuclear bomb ?   

check out some of these links and you tell me if China is a good friend to the people of the USA

China continues to sell advanced anti-ship cruise missiles to Iran
http://winteryknight.wordpress.com/2011/11/03/china-continues-to-sell-advanced-anti-ship-cruise-missiles-to-iran/

China to Sell J-10 Fighter Jets to Iran
http://www.aim.org/guest-column/china-to-sell-j-10-fighter-jets-to-iran/

China Quietly Defends Iran
http://www.strategypage.com/htmw/htada/articles/20090812.aspx

:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon