OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Turkey Hunters Dream Wedding

Started by Firewhatfire, July 12, 2012, 12:33:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Firewhatfire

Picture the perfect wedding.  

Imagine your pastor in middle of your favorite holler dressed in his best Camo.  Take in all of the blinds scattered throughout the holler with your wedding guests all hunkered down with their shotguns.  The groom on one ridge and the bride on the other each with a string of calls. The catch being each each one only 1 call each that match(Wingbone Yelper). During the wedding they meander through all of the guests in search of each other.

The preacher starts off with a touching story abouts life's journey.  

We all are looking for the one true match in life. (he blows an elk call, she blows a crow call) As we travel on our separate paths knowing there is someone for each of us(she blows and duck call and he an owl hooter). Searching for many years thinking they will never find their purpose.(he blows a rabbit squealer and she blows teal whistle). Always calling for the one true mate.(he blows a hog squeler and she blows a deer grunt) As they have journeyed through life just as they have journeyed through this holler in search of their one true love. What appeared to be a chance meeting like the one appears in the bottom of this holler, we have stumbled onto true love.(both blow their Wingbone Yelper).

Upon both blowing the Wingbone the preacher takes both strings of calls and gives them a Lynch 102 to represent the longevity that the wedded couple will have. Each taking the freshly chalked box call and making the Gobble, and the preacher saying with this gobble I thee wed.(at which point the entire wedding party sits up a shoots into the air)

The exit march out of the holler is everyone using all there turkey calls while the bride and groom strut out of the holler waving turkey tails.

This story is written in an attempt at getting my coworker to have this wedding.

Phil Morris

And so I learned what solitude really was. It was raw material-awesome, mallleable, older than men or worlds or water. And it was merciless- for it let a man become precisely what he alone made of himself.--Gus Orviston

Firewhatfire

Hope you have as much fun reading it as I did writing it
And so I learned what solitude really was. It was raw material-awesome, mallleable, older than men or worlds or water. And it was merciless- for it let a man become precisely what he alone made of himself.--Gus Orviston

Firewhatfire

Hope you enjoy reading it as I did writing it

Trevor2

Enjoyed the read. If he has it we need pics of that  :z-guntootsmiley:
Strutstopper

Mark K

Really??? Are you a Hatfield or McCoy??

Ol'Mossy

My wife and I were married in camo, she made her own dress from material from a ground blind haha

coyotetrpr

I would love to attend that wedding.. What would the bride throw as a boquet, a tail fan? :turkey2:
Jakes are like scotch. They are not worth a darn until they age.

Firewhatfire

Keep the ideas coming.  I can rewrite and add to it, creating a more complete picture.  His wife wants to strangle me by the way.