turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

A penny for your thoughts... (PIC)

Started by lightsoutcalls, July 11, 2012, 11:38:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lightsoutcalls

Aside from my day job, I work a few nights a week delivering pizza.  I know, it's not a glamorous or prestigious job, but it is a source of additional income that God provided during a time that it was desparately needed. 

Last night I exchanged some $1's I received in tips for a $5 from the cash drawer.  I like to find the most crisp bills, so I picked up the first 3-4 in the slot to select the one with the least wear.  This is what I found -

My first reaction was anger... then frustration... then sadness... 

Is this really what our nation has come to?  Is this what your family and friends have fought, bled and died for?

I realize that the person that stamped this bill has the ability and motivation to stamp every bill that goes through his/her fingers.  That said, I am willing to remove each one that I come across from circulation.  I took this one by my bank this morning and asked if the stamp constituted defacing of currency and made it fit to remove from circulation.  The teller, a sweet lady in her 60's looked at the bill and quickly slipped another $5 in the push out drawer at the drive thru.  I knew I was not alone by the look in her eye when she said "I will take this one out of circulation myself."
Lights Out custom calls - what they're dying to hear!

CASH

Sadly that todays world.  The person who did that is probably the same sorry SOB that would burn the flag or pee on a soldiers grave
A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands, love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper; his hands remember the rifle.

redarrow

Quote from: CASH on July 11, 2012, 12:08:10 PM
Sadly that todays world.  The person who did that is probably the same sorry SOB that would burn the flag or pee on a soldiers grave

YEP!Being an old tractor enthusist I often visit a forum for old tractors. The other day a fella posted something that I felt was God working in his life.I replied praise be to God. The very next reply slapped the snot out of me for worshiping a god that would allow all the tragedies going on in this world.Some folks just dont get it.

GSLAM95

Until this country takes control of migratory workers being brought in and makes the english language priority in becoming a citizen here you will only see things get worse!
I am tired of calling customer service and or government agencies and hearing "press 1 to continue in english or 2 for espanol".
There is no other country that I know of that has the option of press 2 for english and I don't expect it.  If you want to live in this country you should respect our religion and learn to speak our language or leave.

I am not blaming the mexican population for wanting to better themselves but I am blaming our bleeding heart society for taking care of them and any other foreigners who enter this country illegally.  

If your basement drain backs up and fills up with  you don't raise the ceiling and continue on like nothing is wrong under the foundation, you pump it out, clean up the mess and try solving the problem so it don't happen again.

If you vote for any present government official holding office then you are part of the problem.  Please think of our future when voting this and every election as it will take several elections in a row to pump out the basement!

Ok my rant is turned off - btw I am not saying someone who speaks spanish defaced that currency, more than likely it was a towel head!

Apologizing:  does not always mean you are wrong and the other person is right. 
It just means that you value your relationship more than your ego.

stinkpickle

Quote from: GSLAM95 on July 11, 2012, 01:39:48 PM
Ok my rant is turned off - btw I am not saying someone who speaks spanish defaced that currency, more than likely it was a towel head!

Could've been a Mexican towel head!   :D   Seriously, it was probably somebody who has had religion wrongly shoved down his/her throat and has been turning away.  Sadly, it has happened to a lot of people.

longspur

guess they didn't read it. they just listened to what some other turd head said. you can give my penny to someone else, lol