turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Feel sorry for this deer

Started by barry, July 10, 2012, 12:28:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

barry

Look at the flies and ticks on this doe.
Called our local game biologist and he said it was illegal to put out any supplements such as those used to control flies on cattle

redarrow

Put it out and call the GW and complain the deer are eating you cattle supplements.

turkey slayer

Quote from: redarrow on July 10, 2012, 12:43:45 PM
Put it out and call the GW and complain the deer are eating you cattle supplements.
No kidding that thing is just plain sad.

tomstopper

I hate seeing that. That deer must be going crazy.

captin_hook

Yeah, that stinks. That deer got to be going nuts!

stone road turkey calls

That deer is near death, it's all skin and bones something wrong with it shoot it and tell nobody. do it a favor
Stone Road Turkey Calls / Gary Taylor
2013 Norseman 3rd place pot call
2013 Grand national 6th place pot call
2014 Midwest 3rd place pot call
2015 Midwest 5th place HM Tube call

Old Gobbler

Man I would love to spray that deer down with tick repellent, or something like a additive to get rid of those ticks 

:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

Fatbeard

East TN Beard Buster

TRKYHTR

Why don't she roll around on the ground and knock some of them off. Or take a swim.

TRKYHTR
RIP Marvin Robbins

[img]http://i261.photobuck

eddie234

nature can be cruel, with the mild winter we certainly knew the ticks would be bad. It don't look sick enough to shoot!! with the heat and dry weather browse is hard to come by, water to. Got called to a house the other day and had to get a fawn out of a swimming pool. figured it was trying to get a drink an fell in. I should add the fawn was still alive just swimming around.

Hawkfarm

Our does look like her, ribs sticking out prominently.  A couple of fawns sucking on them will do it quickly.   And the ticks and flies are as bad here.   It's tough to watch.

WNM

I do wonder why that one deer has so many ticks (or flies or whatever those are) on her, but she is far from sickly looking besides that.

busta biggun

Is it possible that these are cockle burrs? I know I have walked through a batch and come out looking like that.

Ol'Mossy