OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Don't buy this...UPDATE! Talked with owner

Started by barry, July 10, 2012, 12:13:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

barry

I had some Cabela's points built up so I ordered some of this deer supplement to put out for the deer. What an attractant!!! Got nearly 200 pics of Crows, Ravens and Buzzards plus now there's bird CRAP all over. Emailed the company, now just waiting to see if they reply.

Talked with one of the owners today and they are gonna make good on their product by sending me a bag of their mineral to make up for what happened. That's good customer service IMO!

Some pics...

[/b]

Crappiepro

Wow! Thats not very good at all. Sorry to hear its not turning out very good for ya. I'd like to hear what the company has to say for their product.
Here in Indiana we have the Rural King stores(Farm store) and I've always bought the cheap Mineral Trace block from them and I can't keep it on the ground. The deer eat it up as fast as they can.  I have tried a few of the big name brands with about the same results and lost money and so I stay away from the T.V. Hyped products. Hope they make good on your bad experience!

tomstopper

Thanks for the heads up.

Clif Owen

I'm not sure how they will reply but can tell you this...I haven't tried their products in a block form but have used it in a powder form. It's about as good as there is on the market. Oddly, before I started using it; I was getting pictures of 3 does in this area. After I started; no doe pictures but had 3 different bucks every night. I'm not sure if their presence caused the does to leave or just what. I can provide the name and number of another couple that will verify its effectiveness...along with the Booner that she shot 2 years ago.

By the way...how is it the fault of the product that this occured? The way I see it is this....you put it out. Birds came to it...likely before a deer found it. Then they "spoiled" it. I can't blame the deer for not using it then.

Clif Owen

Some of the main ingredients are grain and/or grain byproducts like bran..this explains the attractiveness to "trash" animals

barry

Quote from: Clif Owen on July 10, 2012, 03:51:50 PM
I haven't tried their products in a block form but have used it in a powder form.
By the way...how is it the fault of the product that this occured? The way I see it is this....you put it out. Birds came to it...likely before a deer found it. Then they "spoiled" it. I can't blame the deer for not using it then.

I saw no "powder form" of their product just a mix of corn and other grains that looked like sweetfeed for horses.

"how is it the fault of the product that this occured"

Before adding the Big and J cube to what was left of a Trophy Rock we were getting as many as 70 deer pics a nite on this mineral site. I didn't know I was buying BUZZARD BAIT!

CASH

Maybe you should have buried it?  :toothy12:
A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands, love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper; his hands remember the rifle.

barry

Quote from: CASH on July 10, 2012, 05:37:22 PM
Maybe you should have buried it?  :toothy12:

Perhaps that was in the fine print!

Clif Owen

Essentially, here is what has happened...you/he has put out bait (grain, grain by-products) in a form that can't be easily and quickly cleaned up by the deer and varmints have ruined it. I believe if you had bought a bag of the BB2 and put about 1/3 of a 5 gallon bucket out; you would have been much happier. That way, the trash animals aren't drawn to it as badly. They only make 3 products...the BB2, XXX (I think) and the block. The XXX is to be mixed with corn and the other 2 are the same stuff only in a different form.

If you are wanting to bait..can you buy rice bran where you are? It works well too. Just put out about a 1 gallon zip-lock bag a day and you will be golden. Has more nutrients and protein than corn too.

barry

Quote from: Clif Owen on July 10, 2012, 07:42:43 PM
Essentially, here is what has happened...you/he has put out bait (grain, grain by-products) in a form that can't be easily and quickly cleaned up by the deer and varmints have ruined it. I believe if you had bought a bag of the BB2 and put about 1/3 of a 5 gallon bucket out; you would have been much happier. That way, the trash animals aren't drawn to it as badly. They only make 3 products...the BB2, XXX (I think) and the block. The XXX is to be mixed with corn and the other 2 are the same stuff only in a different form.

If you are wanting to bait..can you buy rice bran where you are? It works well too. Just put out about a 1 gallon zip-lock bag a day and you will be golden. Has more nutrients and protein than corn too.

Not trying to bait. Just want to give deer some supplements thru the summer.
I might add deer never had a chance to try the cube before the buzzards hit it. Trailcam pics showed birds were on it 15 minutes after we set it out

CASH

Quote from: barry on July 11, 2012, 10:44:47 AM
Quote from: Clif Owen on July 10, 2012, 07:42:43 PM

Not trying to bait. Just want to give deer some supplements thru the summer.
I might add deer never had a chance to try the cube before the buzzards hit it. Trailcam pics showed birds were on it 15 minutes after we set it out

Sounds like it's made out of roadkill
A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands, love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper; his hands remember the rifle.

Fatbeard

I tried that Com mere deer or how ever you spell it crap and it ran deer off! I went from 12 deer on cam to zero for almost a month until that crap disolved away! I just stay with salt licks!
East TN Beard Buster

CB on the run