OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

MUSLIM HERITAGE IN AMERICA

Started by Sherrell, July 08, 2012, 06:41:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hooksfan

Quote from: Bad Grizzly on July 09, 2012, 04:16:25 PM
Quote from: Sherrell on July 08, 2012, 06:41:04 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Did Muslims fight during the Civil War to free the slaves in America ? No, they did not. In fact, Muslims to this day are still the largest traffickers in human slavery..  

I was good until this......^^^^^^^^^

The civil war wasn't about slavery.... the union used it as an excuse to gain popularity for the war. It was in fact fought about taxes and the southern states being strong armed by the northern states......

The south was self sustaining and the north didn't like it..... rather than pay the high taxes, the south broke from the union.... as a reaction several states followed suit and then the union got on a power trip and thus the war started.

I couldn't agree more with you.  There is more misinformation about the causes of the "Civil" War than any other conflict in our history.  Very few people are aware that Lincoln was perfectly willing to allow slavery to continue in perpetuity if the South would have submitted to the northern imposed tariffs.  I will not say slavery was a non-issue, but to simplify the conflict as being fought solely on the basis of freeing the slaves is the biggest lie taught in our schools today.
Fewer people are aware that the Emancipation Proclamation wasn't worth the paper it was written on and held no legal jurisdiction.   Freedom was granted with the passage of the 13th Amendment, not the Emancipation Proclamation.

Sherrell

Another thing history doesn't tell is of the black slave owners in the south.

You will not hear about that.

coyotetrpr

As far as this video goes, if they would have me as security things would have turned out very different. I am not saying that they would have been better in the long run, but watching that video made me so mad that I promise that I would have fought back. Why as christian Americans should we take so many beatings for our faith. I think that it is time for conservative christian AMERICANS to stand together and fight back for what we believe. :smiley-patriotic-flagwaver-an :smiley-patriotic-flagwaver-an
Jakes are like scotch. They are not worth a darn until they age.

Eric Gregg

Quote from: coyotetrpr on July 09, 2012, 10:36:00 PM
As far as this video goes, if they would have me as security things would have turned out very different. I am not saying that they would have been better in the long run, but watching that video made me so mad that I promise that I would have fought back. Why as christian Americans should we take so many beatings for our faith. I think that it is time for conservative christian AMERICANS to stand together and fight back for what we believe. :smiley-patriotic-flagwaver-an :smiley-patriotic-flagwaver-an
Why do we have to take so many beatings for our faith? Simple: Jesus said if they hated me they will hate you. Also, he said the you will be my witnesses. The word witness used by Jesus is synonymous with martyr. Jesus said it would happen and when we take a stand for Jesus, that is who they are fighting against. We are to be joyful when this happens because we are sharing in the sufferings of Christ. Joy and suffering don't sound like compatable words, but it is all about who we are suffering for! Let's all keep our heads up and faces to the wind and pray that God will give us the courage and strength to stand like never before.

mossy835

Have to agree 100% and as usual Obummer is full of himself and a lot of hot useless air!!!!

coyotetrpr

Quote from: TeocTom on July 10, 2012, 02:30:01 PM
Why do we have to take so many beatings for our faith? Simple: Jesus said if they hated me they will hate you. Also, he said the you will be my witnesses. The word witness used by Jesus is synonymous with martyr. Jesus said it would happen and when we take a stand for Jesus, that is who they are fighting against. We are to be joyful when this happens because we are sharing in the sufferings of Christ. Joy and suffering don't sound like compatable words, but it is all about who we are suffering for! Let's all keep our heads up and faces to the wind and pray that God will give us the courage and strength to stand like never before.
Thank you for reminding me what is truly important. I am just a man with flaws and sins. :cross2: :bible:

Eric Gregg

Quote from: coyotetrpr on July 10, 2012, 10:43:11 PM
Thank you for reminding me what is truly important. I am just a man with flaws and sins. :cross2: :bible:
We in it together brother. Hey, at least we have an opportunity to shine like never before! Heaven knows our nation needs it right now.

TnTurk

Quote from: TeocTom on July 10, 2012, 10:46:11 PM
Quote from: coyotetrpr on July 10, 2012, 10:43:11 PM
We in it together brother. Hey, at least we have an opportunity to shine like never before! Heaven knows our nation needs it right now.
I agree with you 100% brother, I will stand for Him till He takes me home.  :bible:

coyotetrpr