OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Book Recommendation: "Fearless" by Eric Blehm

Started by Turkey Trot, July 07, 2012, 12:39:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Turkey Trot

I recommend Fearless to you.

It is a good story of redemption about a SEAL (DEVGRU) from Arkansas named Adam Brown that was killed in the line of duty in AFG.  Brown had a good family and did well until he got up in the later teen years, and became a crackhead and a thief.  He got into the Navy on waivers, which were needed due to known drug use and a criminal record.  He did well, became a SEAL, and then got into the counter-terror unit, DEVGRU (Team Six).

It is a fairly short book,it moves quickly, and is better than most of what you will see on TV.  So even if you are lazy and avoid books like you avoid a dentist, you can still read this book.

Check out the reviews on amazon.  I had it on my amazon shopping list but happened to run across it last week at the Wally mart and bought it there for the same price.

http://www.amazon.com/Fearless-Undaunted-Ultimate-Sacrifice-Operator/dp/0307730697/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1341678868&sr=1-1&keywords=fearless  
Until The Turkeys Have Their Historians, Tales Of The Hunt Shall Always Glorify The Hunter

slamman

thanks for the recommend just got it for my kindle.

Mark K

Great book!!! I now have my 15yr old son reading it. I think it should be required reading for every highschool student!!!

Hognutz

Thanks for the recommendation. I will get a copy as soon as I can. I am a SEAL freak.

If you like SEAL books, try Lone Survivor by Marcus Luttrell.. It is one of the best books that I have ever read. These guys are stinkin' heros.. Period.. :smiley-patriotic-flagwaver-an
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
If attacked by a mob of clowns, go for the juggler.

Turkey Trot

That's "Lone Survivor."

Although he did get lonesome.  ;D ;D
Until The Turkeys Have Their Historians, Tales Of The Hunt Shall Always Glorify The Hunter

Hognutz

May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
If attacked by a mob of clowns, go for the juggler.