OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

We are spoiled

Started by barry, July 07, 2012, 12:38:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

barry

After the big storm that hit the East coast we just went 6 days & 22 hrs without power. We did have a generator to run freezers and fans.
There was a time when a power outage like this would not have been such a big deal...but today with AC, internet and so many other "electrical conveniences" we find it difficult to deal with.
Several times during our power outage I looked at the wildlife and realized they had no ide we were without electricity. I also reminded myself of the hundreds of families in Colorado that had no home to return to because of the wildfires.
Just when we think we have it bad, just look around.

woodwzrd

So true So true. Glad to hear your powered up again.

redarrow

I went over 20 years without electricity at my deer camp in N. MI. Now that I got it I don't know how I did without it. Still don't have running water,but we manage.

wisconsinteacher

Crazy you posted this.  Last night we watched Defiance and after it was over, I said to my wife, we have it made in this world.  We are blessed to live where we live.

Tail Feathers

You are right Barry, we are a bit spoiled.  Losing power is an inconvenience, no doubt.  Sleeping in the heat is the worst part when it's happened to me.

But you sure don't have to look far to find someone who has a worse problem in life. :mycross:

As I recall, you have some physical challenges you deal with daily.  But yet you are a voice of optimism and things positive on here.  I admire that about you. :icon_thumright:

Love to hunt the King of Spring!

barry

wildturkey6

I under stand what you are going through. We went for 35 days with no electric or running water back in 1992 when Hurricane Andrew took our home. But we are campers and endured the heat and bugs just fine. When things like this happen you just have to take the lemons the good Lord serves us and make lemon aid. A cool glass of lemon aid will always bring a smile to one who is down and out. There is always someone walking a darker path than we are.

surehuntsalot

went 42 days without power down here after hurricane Katrina
the kids like to have went crazy without their "luxuries"
it's not the harvest,it's the chase