turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Heaven is for Real

Started by TRKYHTR, July 07, 2012, 12:37:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TRKYHTR

A long time friend of mine told me I needed to read a book called Heaven is for Real. I am not a big reader as I haven't read but a handful of books in my life. But when I went and looked it up they had it on Audio CD. Now I can do that. My job has alot of driving to and from my patients homes. So I got the audio book and once I started I couldn't stop. It's about a 4 year old boy Colton who was missdiagnosed with an appendicitis attack for 5 days. I wont ruin it for those who haven't read it and would like to. What I can say is if you don't believe there is a God, his Son Jesus, The Holy Spirit and Heaven when you get done with it then you should just drive on over to the hospital because you have no pulse. If you want to get a glimpse of what the book is about just google Heaven is for Real and listen to the boy Colton, now 11 or 12 years old, tell a little about who and what he saw in  Heaven. Anybody ever read this book?

TRKYHTR
Joe
RIP Marvin Robbins

[img]http://i261.photobuck

M Sharpe

Joe, I haven't read the book nor listened to the audio. Sounds like a good book. We've got a young man here that was critically injured in an automobile accident. He coded a couple of times during his stay in the hospital. The doctors told the family, the only reason he was still here was that God has other plans for him here. It's good to know that there are still doctors that believe in an almighty God instead of science. On a sadder note, is the sorry job we as Christians are doing to spread the word of God. When you have people ask how much it cost to join the Church or do you have to be a member to go to church, then we are not living the Great Commission Christ gave us. This was a question asked by one of this young man's family member. I think back to 9-11, the churches were packed full for a few weeks.

Mark
I'm not a Christian because I'm strong and have it all together. I'm a Christian because I'm weak and admit I need a Saviour!

redarrow

My wife is reading it now for the 2nd time. She says it is easy reading and quite awesome. Our Pastor is doing a 4 week series on it starting tomorrow. If you would like a cd of this 4 wk. series send me a pm.

Hognutz

I've read the book. It will get your attention. Unbelievable!!  Well, almost.. You will not put the book down.. I can guarantee that.. :cross2:
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
If attacked by a mob of clowns, go for the juggler.

slamman

dang you guys recommending books is costing me money today on Amazon for my Kindle  ;D :jesus-cross:

Bwk

Yes I have read it and if you don't believe in Heaven after reading it, well I don't know what anybody can say to convince you!  :mycross:

Jay

Googled it and saw an interview with the boy and parents. Really moved me, and defintely will be getting the book or kindle copy. Thanks for the headsup on this.

Tail Feathers

I'll definitely put that on my "to read" list.

My turkey hunting buddy was critically injured as a teenager.  He had the "white light" experience.  He said dying is an incredibly good feeling and absolutely not to be feared.  He too, thinks he was left here for a reason.  He is an exceptional individual.
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

land cruiser

Reading and loving the book! Thank you for the recommendation!

handcannon

I read it last year and it really touched me. My dad had that type of experience too during a surgery. Reading this book is really a must. I have it on my Kindle and plan on reading it again. It's one of the only books I would ever read again and I highly recommend it to anyone. After reading it, follow the story of the little girl who paints the picture. You can pick up the book for a kindle for less than $5 and a new paper back for just a little over $10 through Amazon.
http://www.amazon.com/Heaven-Real-Little-Astounding-Story/dp/0849946158

The little girl in the story, Akiane Kramarik who's story is also amazing, has a book I plan on getting as well. I just checked out her website. You should see her work at such an early age. There is something behind it.
http://www.artakiane.com/

Eric Gregg

That was an awesome book :mycross: