turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Fruit Trees And Tree Wraps.

Started by redarrow, July 04, 2012, 05:28:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

redarrow

I realize this is not the best time to plant fruit trees,but Wally World had them on clearance for 5 bucks apiece. 6 to 8 feet tall dwarfs. ,bundled in pots. So I bought 3 apple and 2 pears. Any body care to recommend what type of wraps I should use to protect the bark from critters and buck rubs.Im gonna try to keep them until early fall or later in the summer before planting. I figure at 5 bucks a pop I wont loose much if they dont make it.

turkey slayer

Try to find someone who works for the electric company. they have some wrap they use for poles to keep animals from climbing up. not sure what its called but its great!

Sherrell

On my north Florida property I always surround my plum,peach and persimmon trees with a pvc pipe driven in the ground to secure a circular piece of hog wire to keep the deer away from the trunks.of course I have over thirty cedars so that keeps their noggins busy rubbing.

kansas hooks

Get with your biologist of your NWTF.  A friend of mine got some from them and they have worked better than any of the others that he has used in the past.

redarrow

Thanks Guys. I found some cheap ones on E bay. They really look like they would have a hard time keeping out mice and stuff.

VAHUNTER

i have always used the black 4" drain pipe.
just split it and slide it on.
Good things come to those who wait