OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

act of valor movie

Started by captin_hook, June 06, 2012, 02:49:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

captin_hook

I.watched it tonite.  I loved it . I.almost shed some tears at the end.

Hognutz

I am going to rent it, on demand, this weekend. We watched the trailer last night. It looks like my kinda movie..Thanks for the heads-up..Mike
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
If attacked by a mob of clowns, go for the juggler.

surehuntsalot

it's not the harvest,it's the chase

Hognutz

I watched it last night, and thought that it was just, alright..Nothing special. In fact, I thought that it was a little cheesy, in parts. I knew from the first scene who was going to die. I really expected more, to be honest with you..Mike

bird

Bought the blu-ray DVD combo pack and feel like I wasted $20.

No impressed at all.

lightsoutcalls

I haven't seen it, but understood that the "actors" are the real deal, not hollywood actors.  I suspect that in their "day job", they don't need any golden statues to make them feel successful. 
Lights Out custom calls - what they're dying to hear!

Hognutz

Quote from: lightsoutcalls on June 11, 2012, 02:49:13 PM
I haven't seen it, but understood that the "actors" are the real deal, not hollywood actors.  I suspect that in their "day job", they don't need any golden statues to make them feel successful. 

This is true, but I spent $6.00 on pay per view, and expected more..

captin_hook

One reason I did like it was because it did not have any big name movie stars in it. It was nice not seeing clooney, pitt or any other usuals.

surehuntsalot

sure glad I didn't waste the money buying it
it's not the harvest,it's the chase

tomstopper

Well after hearing all of this, I think I will wait until it comes out on cable.

turkey slayer

I will probably wait till it comes out on redbox. looks good though.

mountman62

i enjoyed the movie, no real actors, no played out scenes, in your face action, if you want real life action and people getting $30,000 or so a year to serve our country, watch it by all means, if you want $1,000,000 dollar actors, watch something else, i rented it on my DirectTV, and would watch it again, huh, i did
It's not a passion, It's an OBSESSION

[img][img]

Eric Gregg

Finally got to watch the movie and let me say for a group of Seals whose real job is kicking butt and not acting, they delivered on true life action.
Guys, I am not sure if you may have picked up on this, but did you notice in the plot how it was really easy it could be for the cartell's and islamic terrrorist to get their bomb/s across the border into the U.S.
This to me spoke that the real war on terror is actually on our border within the United States. I was listening to someone on talk radio share how they live within a border state and they fear going outside because the mexican drug dealers regulate both sides of the U.S. border from the mountains. They even have the audacity to post signs warning American citizens that they control the area and if they are caught "trespassing" they will be shot. Why are we not fighting the war on terror on our borders?

Good movie :you_rock:

Jay

I'll have to rent it. My S-I-L is ex Seal, and have another daughter who just started dating an ex Seal, so I would like to see what it's all about in a less Hollywood version.

hootn

read the book. i read it before the movie came out and of course it is better than movie.

scott