OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Forum Improvements and Suggestions

Started by Old Gobbler, March 28, 2012, 09:02:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Old Gobbler

Forum Improvements and Suggestions -

Guys , I want to take the time to get some feedback from he turkey hunters here -  I am keen on developing the site and expanding it to suit ever changing needs - In the last 4 years of OldGobbler.com's existence  , we  have added and refined several sections to the site .

In addition we encourage a family atmosphere , insuring that when a guest or member visits here it is a enjoyable experience ,free from all the BS - We are also very proud to provide a platform where skilled craftsmen / Callmakers can market or show off game calls to a eager turkey hunters - This is America , fair trade made this country #1 

I am open to suggestions , so if any members have some ideas they feel would improve the experience of visiting and posting on OG , post it here or PM me and I will review all feedback and see if your concept is feasible -

Always looking to improve -- Thank you again --Shannon
:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

turkey_slayer

Boot bird off and let me be a moderator  ;D

Old Gobbler

Quote from: turkey_slayer on March 28, 2012, 09:29:01 PM
Just look for the icicles on the gates of Hell , and you will know that will be next  :rudolph:

-Shannon

RutnNStrutn

Quote from: Old Gobbler on March 28, 2012, 10:16:24 PM
Just look for the icicles on the gates of Hell , and you will know that will be next  :rudolph:
:TooFunny: :TooFunny: :TooFunny:
Everything looks good to me OG!! :icon_thumright:

redarrow

Bird must have the goods on Shannon. :TooFunny: Your doing just fine Shannon. I see nothing that needs improvement.

chatterbox

I see no need for improvement. Shannon, you have the ability to gauge turkey hunters, just like you can gauge a birds temp, always adding something cool for us.
This site is still the finest out there. Hands down! :icon_thumright:

wisconsinteacher

I have been a member here for a while now and love it.  I have never been bashed or questioned on some of my crazy ideas or dreams.  I am a member on other outdoor forums and there are a lot of "pros" that feel they are better when they rip you apart.  Keep screening those who are negative and rude.  I truly feel this is a family who has helped me kill more birds and put more birds in front of first time hunters.  The people here are not turkey hunters first, they are down to earth humans that want to help and then talk turkey.

Tail Feathers

I'm kinda liking the place.
I think many forums get off on having topics in the right forum but, within reason, I like having fewer forums with more threads to choose from without having to hop around a bunch.
This place is great and I like the fact you let call makers do their thing on here.  It stays remarkably civil as well.   :icon_thumright:
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

bird

Oh I see that turkey_slayer wants to be a comedian.  :goofball:

You Funny Boy!

Quote from: redarrow on March 28, 2012, 10:26:12 PM
Bird must have the goods on Shannon. :TooFunny:

Not sure what it could be but I guess it must be I consider Shannon a pretty darn good friend and a guy has just got to be there for their friends.

Al

:icon_thumright: :TooFunny:

jbennett

This forum is great! The most effective educational tool I've come accross for sure. I love the fact that there is no bashing on here, and those with strongly opposing opinions are governed by moderators who seem to  have a level head. I've been deterred from other forums after witnessing the constant bashing and insulting of the "less educated". Thanks to all who post here and thanks for allowing me to tag along.

miketphoto

After looking at some of the other turkey hunting forums this one had the best set up and ease of use out there.  So I joined this one.  Plus the 20ga specific info has been fantastic for me. I would leave it be.

redarrow

Quote[b"]Not sure what it could be but I guess it must be I consider Shannon a pretty darn good friend and a guy has just got to be there for their friends. "

I couldn't agree more. True friends are better than gold for sure.

hookedspur

Hands down my FAVORITE site on the WEB .  :z-winnersmiley:
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

Old Gobbler

Quote from: wisconsinteacher on March 29, 2012, 07:42:38 AM
I have been a member here for a while now and love it.  I have never been bashed or questioned on some of my crazy ideas or dreams.  I am a member on other outdoor forums and there are a lot of "pros" that feel they are better when they rip you apart.  Keep screening those who are negative and rude.  I truly feel this is a family who has helped me kill more birds and put more birds in front of first time hunters.  The people here are not turkey hunters first, they are down to earth humans that want to help and then talk turkey.
You just pointed out something very vital to the success of this site ,- The total absence of negativity or troublesome people  on this site is key to the sites continued growth  -  Troublesome or negative people on a social site are "member repellent " We have seen it all in 4 years , the members here could not even imagine the rodeo clowns we have dealt with before

The members and the staff here are normal everyday people , like , you me, the guy down the street etc... We encourage a atmosphere where people just be who they are in person face to face  - Normal people like you and me , come here to have a enjoyable time 

You also mentioned "pros" --This has been a long on going issue on the internet , especially on the waterfowl  and hunting sites where the practice {prostaff notations} is now starting to be barred from usage in most places  . The flagrant abuse of the term "pro staff" or even " pro guide"is so loosely brandished about on the internet  that it rivals the term "free cell phone minutes" in cell phone speak , to the point it is symbolic in gesture only , meaningless and with out any substance -  There is no "pro staff" University , there is no governing  body out there to ensure that the person who inserted "pro staff" in their sig line ,knows what they are even talking about - Its a disgrace to the hunting industry and the real professionally endorsed hunters out there  -  

The thought pattern by those masquerading as a "pro staffer" is to constantly crave peer approval   , code for   "loudmouth bashing keyboard jerk"  they engage in this behavior of bashing others to make themselves look better , and to buttress up their phoney on line persona they work so hard on - we are normal people here , we don't have time for the keyboard antics of these folks , bye bye, to them --

Now back to the Improvements , I have some ideas that I will be rolling out in the callmakers sections in the near future to make the area more beneficial to folks wanting to sell calls here , as you may know a ton of calls sell on the site each year and we are proud of being able to assist in that area

--Shannon

-Shannon

eaglea1

I love everything about OG!  :thanks:
The only thing that I think would be cool, is if (and maybe I can already do this,but don't know how) a person could subscribe to a thread now and then. Then if you wanted to go back later
and read up on further comments etc.. you wouldn't have to go thru the search function.
But, by far, this is a great site, and thanks for all you do. :happy0064: