Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Two Morgan Style callers for Gary(soundfile added)

Started by WillowRidgeCalls, March 20, 2016, 10:21:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WillowRidgeCalls

Gary agreed to be my test monkey, Both of these calls are going to him so he can run them against his original Kenny Morgan calls to find out how close I am to the sound of the original call. I know I could run them myself against the video Morgan has out, but if I'm going to make a reproduction of a call builders calls, I want the call as close to the sound of the original as I can get, before offering them for sale. I feel if your going to honor a call builder, by building a reproduction of his calls, then they better sound very closely the same otherwise it's just an imitation. Just my opinion.
Both these calls are Osage / Mahogany combos, one has a different cut to it in the box, so we'll see from Gary which sounds the closest? Thanks guys for getting on the list for calls, once I've found out which way to build them, I'll be making some for sale.
Wisconsin Turkey and Turkey Hunting Pro-Staff
Scott

SteelerFan

Spitten and drummen

" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

CMBOSTC

Good looking callers Scott. What kind of striker are you running on the scratch box?

Chris

WillowRidgeCalls

These are just the friction wood calls Chris, I didn't do the combo friction/scratch box calls.
Scott

alankrow

Rapscallion Vermilion

Thanks for keeping us all in the loop on this.  It's fun to watch this project to take shape.

The Cohutta Strutter

Anybody seen America lately?

WillowRidgeCalls

Just got a phone call from Gary, he said the calls were waiting for him today when he got back home from his NE. hunt. We'll find out shortly, probably tomorrow,  how they compare to the original?  :fire:
Scott

scoot12

sweet Scott,  when you come hunt with me,  we can put a few to the test.  Scoot

WillowRidgeCalls

Quote from: scoot12 on March 26, 2016, 06:43:57 PM
sweet Scott,  when you come hunt with me,  we can put a few to the test.  Scoot
That we will for sure.  :camohat:
Scott

mgm1955

WillowRidgeCalls

NEWS FLASH........Gary's sound testing has been finished on the two calls,  :z-guntootsmiley: and  :z-winnersmiley:.

:thanks: Gary for doing the sound testing for me and comparing the calls to your original Morgan caller. The testing was done by using different strikers and different chalks on the surfaces of all three of the calls. Gary was kind enough to do a video of the tests, and I'll post it as soon as I get it, for all to see. Thanks again Gary  ;).
Scott

SteelerFan

Quote from: WillowRidgeCalls on March 27, 2016, 05:14:11 PM
NEWS FLASH........Gary's sound testing has been finished on the two calls,  :z-guntootsmiley: and  :z-winnersmiley:.

:thanks: Gary for doing the sound testing for me and comparing the calls to your original Morgan caller. The testing was done by using different strikers and different chalks on the surfaces of all three of the calls. Gary was kind enough to do a video of the tests, and I'll post it as soon as I get it, for all to see. Thanks again Gary  ;).

AWESOME!! Looking forward to the video  :icon_thumright:

outdoors

Sun Shine State { Osceola }
http://m.myfwc.com/media/4132227/turkeyhuntnoquota.jpg

noisy box call that seems to sound like a flock of juvenile hens pecking their way through a wheat field