OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Turkey Thugs

Started by surehuntsalot, February 09, 2014, 09:01:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

surehuntsalot

They are back in Walmart this year
it's not the harvest,it's the chase

Philippe

They have the spots cleared for them at both local walmarts here, just don't know when they plan to pull them out. Probably not for another month or so.

double drops

Did anyone have any luck with these last year in an 870?

bowhunter2k9

Quote from: double drops on February 10, 2014, 06:28:34 PM
Did anyone have any luck with these last year in an 870?
I did, they shot very well for lead
Romans 8:38-39

owlhoot

Got mine today to try , they had out all the flavors. 12 gauge in 3" and 3 1/2" in 4.5.6's and the 20 gauge all i saw on the cart were 5's ?

Now to get out and try them.  When Antarctica decides to go bye !

TBab

They truly amazed me. I like them. I had a box I bought last year and didnt shoot. I took them out and through my 835 and a .690 Jelly Head got 216 in the 10 at 38 yards. For the cost you can beat that with a stick. They are a true contender for my hunting load this year and if they continue to impress me the local wal-mart wont be able to keep them in stock for me buying them all.
Where Lead Meets The Head
Should've had more sense than to try an call a turkey through a barbed wire fence

ericjames

Quote from: TBab on February 11, 2014, 02:11:40 AM
They truly amazed me. I like them. I had a box I bought last year and didnt shoot. I took them out and through my 835 and a .690 Jelly Head got 216 in the 10 at 38 yards. For the cost you can beat that with a stick. They are a true contender for my hunting load this year and if they continue to impress me the local wal-mart wont be able to keep them in stock for me buying them all.

I agree with ya. Only thing different with me instead of getting 6's I'll get some 5's. I still have 3 new boxes of 6's from last year and 2 new boxes of 5's. I plan on buying at least 15-20 more if they shoot like the ones from last year

surehuntsalot

picked up 4 boxes of 3" 5's today
it's not the harvest,it's the chase

TBab

Quote from: ericjames on February 11, 2014, 07:02:16 AM
Quote from: TBab on February 11, 2014, 02:11:40 AM

I agree with ya. Only thing different with me instead of getting 6's I'll get some 5's. I still have 3 new boxes of 6's from last year and 2 new boxes of 5's. I plan on buying at least 15-20 more if they shoot like the ones from last year

Eric that was with 5's. I have the pattern posted up. Thats what blew my mind. Ive never been a #6 man especially in lead for gobblers.
Should've had more sense than to try an call a turkey through a barbed wire fence

ericjames

Dang that's smoking right there. Last year my best #5 pattern was 151 @41 yards. Is that last years shells or this years? That was also with 3.5"

bbcoach

Just picked up 2 more boxes of the 3.5 #5's.

TBab

Quote from: ericjames on February 11, 2014, 11:05:11 PM
Dang that's smoking right there. Last year my best #5 pattern was 151 @41 yards. Is that last years shells or this years? That was also with 3.5"

Yeah that was last years shells. I bought them in March I believe. Yeah 3.5 2oz. #5's.

ericjames

I have 2 boxes from last year 3.5-2-5's. Bought 5 more boxes of 3.5-5's  today.hope they shoot the same. I still have 3 full and part of a box of 3.5 # 6's. I should have plenty for this year.

TBab

Good Luck to you my friend. I'm going to test them again. Hopefully to the same result. I bought a new 835 and that was the first turkey load I ran through it and with those results it blew my 11-87's patterns away and blew my mind. I reckon Ill never turkey hunt with anything except an 835 again, lol

ericjames

Quote from: TBab on February 12, 2014, 11:56:46 PM
Good Luck to you my friend. I'm going to test them again. Hopefully to the same result. I bought a new 835 and that was the first turkey load I ran through it and with those results it blew my 11-87's patterns away and blew my mind. I reckon Ill never turkey hunt with anything except an 835 again, lol

If you shoot the new shells before I get a chance be sure to post up. If this weather clears up I will shoot one tomorrow, my fingers are crossed.